Spreaker Live Show with Rob Greenlee
About This Show
The Spreaker Live Show with Rob Greenlee is the official podcast from Spreaker and is for you the podcast creator and listener who love the freedom and openness of independent podcasting - since 2004. The show will cover Spreaker news, tools tips, podcasting trends, and interviews with leading podcast hosts and experts. The show is hosted by Rob Greenlee (@robgreenlee), Head of Partnerships at VoxNest and Spreaker, Inductee into the Academy of Podcasters 2017 Hall of Fame and co-hosted by Alex Exum (@alexexum). Rob is former EVP/CTO at PodcastOne and former manager of podcasts platform and content at Microsoft Xbox Live, Windows Media Center and Zune. Rob is also the co-host of “The New Media Show” every Sat morning at NewMediaShow.com. Co-hosted by Alex Exum (@alexexum). The show is streamed LIVE Every Wednesday at 3pm PST/6pm EST at SpreakerLiveShow.com.
Most Recent Episode
New Podcast Listening Research, Spotify Update
Spreaker Live Show #150 for March 14th, 2018
Show Duration: 50 minutes
Host: Rob Greenlee, Head of Partnerships, Voxnest and Spreaker @robgreenlee - rob(at)voxnest(dotcom)
Co-Host: Alex Exum, Host of “The Exum Experience Podcast” on Spreaker
We stream LIVE every Weds at 3 Pacific /6pm EST from SpreakerLiveShow.com
- I have dropped episode numbering in our episode titling as of last week’s show episode - please give me feedback on this..
- Why show download numbers look very low lately - Is getting partially hosted on Dynamo
- Please save the date for the unveiling of the first Edison Research/Triton Digital Infinite Dial Canada webinar, which will take place on Wednesday, April 4th, at 2 PM Eastern. https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/9035380127112631554
- In NYC next week at RAIN Podcast Business Summit on March 22nd - one day conference that Voxnest is sponsoring.
- Then soon after is http://NABShow.com in Las Vegas - April 7-12
- Then World Wide Radio Summit in LA May 2-4
- PodSummit in Edmonton, Canada May 5th
- Latest 2018 Podcasting Research: Share of Ear from Edison Dissected
- Podcasting Stories, Challenges and Opportunities of the week
- Spotify Submissions Update
- Latest 2018 Podcasting Research Data Released - Share of Ear from Edison
- The 2018 Infinite Dial Study by Edison Research and Triton Digital® unveils the latest research in digital audio, social media, mobile, smart speakers, and podcast consumption.
- The two most talked-about sectors in audio today – podcasting and Smart Speakers – post significant gains in this year’s Infinite Dial study from Edison Research and Triton Digital.
- Podcasting continues to steadily grow, as 44% of Americans 12+ now say they have ever listened to a podcast, up from 40% from last year.
- The average number of podcast shows being listened to is up to 7 from 5 prior years
- Typically podcast listeners listen to 80% of episodes they actually consume
- Podcasting’s in-car gains continue as well: a year ago, 18% of podcast listeners described the car as the place they most often listened to podcasts; this year, that number is 22%.
- This year’s report spotlights the growth of Smart Speakers, voice-controlled devices such as the Amazon Echo and Google Home.
- Today, 18% of Americans 12+ (an estimated 51 million people), live in households that have at least one Smart Speaker. This means that Smart Speaker ownership has more than doubled from 7% just one year