About This Show
The Recompiler is a feminist hacker magazine and podcast, launched in 2015. Our goal is to help people learn about technology in a fun, playful way, and highlight a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 49: Ottomottopoeia
7 days ago
This week Audrey and I chat about Waymo v Uber, Algorithmic Violence, and how YouTube's algorithm distorts truth. Enjoy!
- [00:57] Recompiler: Issue 9 (Hard Problems): https://shop.recompilermag.com/products/issue-9-hard-problems
- [05:07] The Waymo v. Uber trial: greed, ambition, and robot cars - The Verge: https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/2/16965974/uber-waymo-self-driving-car-lawsuit-news
- [07:41] Trade secret | Wex Legal Dictionary: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/trade_secret
- [17:39] How the Frightful Five Put Start-Ups in a Lose-Lose Situation - The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/technology/frightful-five-start-ups.html
- [25:55] On-Algorithmic-Violence: Attempts at fleshing out the concept of algorithmic violence: https://github.com/MimiOnuoha/On-Algorithmic-Violence
- [32:35] 'Fiction is outperforming reality': how YouTube's algorithm distorts truth | Technology | The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/02/how-youtubes-algorithm-distorts-truth
- [36:13] AlgoTransparency: https://algotransparency.org/
- [53:48] Bringing the blog to a close | Geek Feminism Blog: https://geekfeminism.org/2018/02/07/bringing-the-blog-to-a-close/
Complete show notes: http://recompilermag.com/2018/02/15/episode-49-ottomottopoeia