Optimizing For Happiness
About This Show
O4H is about achieving financial freedom by building up your own income stream enabling you to quit your job, travel the world and spend more time with friends and family or simply enjoying your hobbies.
Most Recent Episode
O4H Live! #2 - When To Quit Your Job And How To Get Started With Your First Business
Oct 11 15
In this week's episode we talk about finding the right timing to quit your job and how to get started with your first business.
Show notes and links discussed can be found here: http://optimizingforhappiness.com/when-to-quit-your-job-and-how-to-get-started-with-your-first-business/
- Did you have any savings when you quit your job?
- Vine (now Twitter) co-founder Rus Yusupov joined the discussion
- Everyone is an entrepreneur, they’re just procrastinating.
- Have you worked in the corporate world before starting your own business
- An apprenticeship is a great way to learn from a master
- How to find your first clients and ensure a constant stream of fresh work
- The importance of networking and creating your own networking events
- How to make people remember you
- Ask people for their challenges and problems
- Working remotely and mixing skiing and kitesurfing into your daily work routine
- How to position yourself to make money online
- 7 Activities You Need To Do Before Quitting Your Job To Start A Business!
- How to learn a completely new skill that is in high demand and base your business on top of that
- The secret to success: hard work, focus and discipline
- How to travel and work the same time and when not to do it
- The Digital Nomad Cruise from Spain to Brazil
- Why you sometimes need to go offline to work on your ideas
- Should you start your business alone or with a partner
- What kind of business to start: product vs service business
- How to find your audience
- Don’t aim for perfection. Just get started.
- How to resolve your struggles and overcome your fears
- How much to charge your clients when starting a business and how to increase that rate
- How to find the sweet spot for your product pricing
- How to find patience and motivation every day
- How to deal with doubts and crises
- Why talking to people is important and why you should join a mastermind group
- How to deal with competition
- Why paying it forward is crucial to starting a business
- How to hire the right people for your business and build a kick-ass team
- How to make sure your employees care about your business, not only you
- How a blog post about moving the company to Thailand for a month went viral
- What is the role that you should you fulfil as the CEO of your company
- How to establish a company culture that works
- Why you should fail quickly and iterate on your ideas
- How to find a niche and why partnering up with someone who has domain knowledge is import