SHOW NOTES: INTRODUCING BRIAN GERGES! When you start reading and learning about starting your own business you hear a term over and over again...that term is "passion". People talk a lot about finding this. The thing that is missing is how you really go about doing this. I agree that you have to find your passion. However, that is not always what you would think. Our guest today, Brian Gerges, found his, and he found it the right way. Oh, he was in 8th grade when he did this. When Brian was in 8th grade he started "Brian's Landscape Management" and began professionally taking care of people's lawns, etc. As he describes it, this is his "passion". Brian decided to join the FFA because of this passion when he got to high school. He saw the classes available to make him better at his business and he wanted to take those. Through the FFA Brian has been able to enhance his skills and move into construction of things like retaining walls in his business. He has also been recognized for his great business with a state proficiency award. I think you will be inspired by Brian. SUPERVISED AGRICULTURAL EXPERIENCE: Landscape Management HIGH SCHOOL: Hackettstown High School; Hackettstown, New Jersey MASCOT: Tigers FFA ADVISOR: Greg Amundsen CONTACT INFORMATION FOR BRIAN GERGES: Click on the picture below to be taken to the Hackettstown High School website: Brian's FFA Advisors' Email Addresses: email@example.com Hackettstown High School's Telephone Number: (908) 852-8150 FFA LINKS: National FFA Organization Supervised Agricultural Experiences (SAE's) Support FFA Donate to FFA - One way that FFA students are able to start small businesses is through an FFA grant of $1,000. In 2014, 141 FFA students received these grants. With your donations, more students can get this head start - pay it forward. REASONS TO DONATE TO FFA: Only 2% of Americans grow and raise most of the food and livestock consumed by the other 98% as well as the rest of the world. FFA is providing the needed education, training and resources to Americans that will carry that torch forward and insure that America continues to have inexpensive, quality food.