Not Your African Cliché
About This Show
Hosted by four Nigerian women, Not Your African Cliché is a podcast that highlights the complex stories of Africans on the continent and in the diaspora. Drawing from their experiences on at home and abroad, the ladies of NYAC have conversations every other week that range from African literature and travel, to politics and activism. With healthy servings of laughter, snark and critical analysis, NYAC Podcast challenges myths and assumptions about the African continent and its people.
Most Recent Episode
NYAC S3 E5: On the Beauty of Storytelling (w/ Nancy Adimora)
On this week's episode, the ladies of NYAC chat with Nancy Adimora, editor of AFREADA, about her online literary platform, and her identity as a Nigerian born and raised in London. She spoke to us about how she started AFREADA (Africa + Reader), the necessity of accessible short stories written by Africans and her strong sense of identity as a Nigerian.
- What It Mean When a Man Falls from the Sky by Lesley Nneka Arimah
- A Moonless, Starless Sky by Alexis Okeowo
- Men, Women and the Mystery of Love by Edwards S. Rogers III
- Skinny Girl in Transit [YouTube]
- Transparent [Amazon]
- The Color in Anything by James Blake [album]
- Love & Hate by Michael Kiwanuka [album]