About This Show
Our PODCAST highlights stories of compassionate leadership, inspired communications and creative problem solving.
Our GUEST PERSPECTIVES range from emerging voices such as students, educators, creatives and game changers who pave the way for new ideas to emerge.
Our HOST, MissyJena is the founder of calmversation; a multi-dimensional approach to authentic, creative and high impact communication. Her playful personality and thoughtful nature has inspired thousands of people to connect across the globe through #calmversation.
Most Recent Episode
Season 2 Episode 2 Learning and Leadership Missy Jena with Guest Nathan Lang
Sep 27, 2017
Host explores the topic of leadership and learning with guest Dr. Nathan Lang. This episode captures the moments that defined and shaped Nathan’s aspirations in life and as a compassionate educator.
Nathan’s 5 most popular tweets:
1. Many teachers spend their time searching for activities. The best teachers spend their time creating experiences.
2. Students would rather learn from a teacher who always treats them with respect than one who is always right.
3. Best practices lose their effectiveness when we use them as an excuse to keep doing what we've always been doing.
4. We don't need more hours in school, we need to do school differently with those hours.
5. If you're willing to teach in ways that others won't, you will have engagement that others don't.
References to things mentioned by Guest or Host
Join Nathan and his team for interactive Twitter Chats
#leadupchat Saturdays at 6:30 am PST
Preview tweets at #DivergEd
Take Away Thought
“When it’s important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” -Elon Musk
Call To Action
Explore Space for Thought Lounges in Your Classroom- visit http://www.calmversation.com
Nathan's Social Media
Episodes of This Show
Sep 21, 2017
Sep 15, 2017
May 15, 2017
May 15, 2017