Meraqui Magic Podcast
About This Show
Weekly life-coaching and personal development for dope humans looking to create serious joy and cultivate confidence to live out their best selves from an ICF accredited life coach, teacher, and sass queen. Regularly cohosted by Mr. Meraqui, or by the occasional special guest cohost.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 16 - Newsflash You Do Not Need To Apologize [MMP16]
Here are all of the times you for SURE do NOT need to apologize:
1. When you aren't sorry.
2. When you don't know what you're apologizing for.
3. When you didn't do anything wrong.
4. When you lived your truth and it pissed someone off.
5. Pretty much not ever.
Here are all the times it's a good idea to apologize:
1. When you are genuinely sorry for something you've done, how you've made someone feel, and want to make amends to sustain a valued relationship. See also; you are READY and WILLING to shape your behavior according to your apology.
2. That's about it.
"Ohhhh, but it's just WORDS, Emily! It doesn't matter if I'm not actually sorry! So long as the other person is happy, that's all that matters. It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with my personal development."
Mmmm... Nope. Not how that works, imaginary person. Not at all.
The fact of the matter is that SORRY is
SORRY is another way we explain-to-death how and why we're living our truths.
SORRY is another way we give other people the cop-out, just to avoid conflict.
SORRY is another way to say, "Oh, something is just wrong with me for thinking and acting this way."
SORRY invalidates your thoughts, your feelings, and your convictions under the completely fabricated veil of you somehow being a failure.
SORRY and self-love don't go super well together...
In this pod, we explore how to dismantle our over-apologizing behaviors to create happier and healthier alternatives to "sorry," including...
* Analyzing our current apology habits and how they shape our personal development *
* Deconstructing contemporary attitudes toward apologizing *
* What to do when someone DEMANDS an apology from you when you are not sorry *
* How to respond to common apology-prone situations without the "s-word" (sorry.) *
* Recognizing when you apologize colloquially and how to prevent it *
* How to apologize like a BADASS when you NEED to *
And a whole bunch more awesome stuff. :)
* * * * * * * * * * * *
This podcast is now available on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio, PlayerFM, Pocketcasts, Overcast, iCaster, Blubrry, and basically everywhere else, too. :)
For more informations and episode notes on this podcast, check out www.meraquimagic.com/podcast
To find out more about life-coaching, personal development, and Meraqui Magic workshops, go to www.meraquimagic.com
To shop wearable happiness accessories (designed with positive psychology in mind) check out www.m