THE MIND BODY PODCAST
About This Show
Welcome to the mind body podcast!
Where fitness experts and life coaches shares their secrets on taking your mind and your body to the absolute best!
This is the advices you wished you heard years ago.
Get ready and take notes as we expose the raw true behind achieving amazing natural physique and strength and ultimately become a stronger version of yourself.Read more »
Most Recent Episode
Episode 77: Interview With Shawn Stevenson On Using Sleep To Create MASSIVE Success In Any Area Of Your Life
3 days ago
When it comes to health, there is one criminally overlooked element: sleep. Good sleep helps you shed fat for good, stave off disease, stay productive, and improve virtually every function of your mind and body.
In today's episode i spoke with shawn Stevenson.
When a degenerative bone disease crushed his dream of becoming a professional athlete. Like many of us, he gave up on his health and his body until he decided there must be a better way. Through better sleep and optimized nutrition, Stevenson not only healed his body but also achieved fitness and business goals he never thought possible. Shawn has been featured in Entrepreneur magazine, Men’s Health magazine, ESPN, FOX News, and many other major media outlets. He is also a frequent keynote speaker for numerous organizations, universities, and conferences.
Table of content:
1. Overcoming incurable spinal condition disease at 20 years of age (2:20-5:10)
2. Decide that you are going to get better, don't try, wish or hope. Once you set your mind into something and dedicate yourself to something, you will find a way (5:10-6:50)
3. Put a plan together once you make a decision (6:50-8:40)
4. If you are not sleeping well, you are not eating well (8:40-11:42)
5. Never count on opinion of 1 expert, always seek for 2-3 other opinions (11:42-12:38)
6. Questions are the ultimate source that drive us in life (12:38-13:13)
7. Use your love to others to step up your game in life (13:13-16:12)
8. Sleep is not just about the amount of time you sleep. Don't try to use supplements or drinks, those won't make your sleep better in the long term.
In order to improve your sleep, exercise first thing in the morning. Even a 4 minute exercise can make a difference (16:12-25:00)
9. What works for one does not mean it will work for you too. Learn what works best for you by experience and based on the stage you are in your life. (25:00-26:15)
10. Stress start from your perception of reality. "zoom out" and get outside of your own head. Take a global perspective, look at the room, the situation and then make sure you communicate properly. (26:15-28:35)
11. Stress can make you great if you embrace it (28:35-32:00)
12. Use mindful eating in order to overcome excessive eating. Become more present while you're eating and really experience the entire eating process. By doing that, you will feel much more satisfaction and won't have a need to over eat your food. (32:00-37:18)
13. 4 main keys to increase your focus:
#1: The first and biggest component is having adequate sleep.
#3: Add magnesium to your diet for better focus and energy (2 cups of greens a day).
#4: Drink plenty of water
#5: Add good fats to your diet (omega 3, CLA, ALA, avocado's)
14. Shawn Stevenson's Legacy (47:30)
You can also find Shawn at his website:
Grab a copy of his book "Sleep Smarter":
And also on all social media:
https://www.facebook.com/TheModelHealthShow/Read more »
Episodes of This Show
5 days ago