What's New Coach? By Strength Matters
About This Show
The What’s New Coach? Podcast is a weekly show produced by Strength Matters in association with WhatsNewCoach.com and OneFitStop. Hosted by Neal Snyder, What’s New Coach? interviews the most successful personal trainers and coaches, that you’ve never heard of, and shares the insights of what’s REALLY working now, what’s not and what you can do to apply in your fitness and coaching business immediately. This is perfect for the Personal Trainer and Coach looking to stand out and succeed in the fitness industry.
Most Recent Episode
EP 12: The Insiders Guide To Training Like A Formula 1 Driver
Jun 28 2017
Today, I am talking with Alex Stott a strength and conditioning coach from England. Alex has a background in athletic performance competing in cross country and cricket. As a coach he has a passion for redefining limits and has coached cricket teams, rugby teams, football teams, individual players, members of the general public, and over 30 racing drivers. He is currently the coach for the 2015 Lotus F1 Reserve Driver Jolyon Palmer.
I talk with Alex about his new gym he is opening, and how he is going to train his clients the same way he trains athletes. The object for everyone is performance. They are also using periodization techniques and planning the training around the seasons because their location is in a beautiful countryside. The variety and change of scenery should help with motivation and make the workouts more fun. He also explains the entire year-long plan to prospective clients before they sign up. Enjoy the interview.
Today’s topics include:
* Alex’s new gym and training for performance and conditioning.
* Strength, power work, endurance, conditioning, and performance and periodizing around the weather.
* The luxury of training outside and enjoying the outdoors.
* Getting new clients onboard with a year-long program.
* Explaining the year-long process helps with getting the year long commitment.
* Doing stretching and mobility while watching TV or other ways to integrate it into the client’s lives.
* Hotel workouts when a gym isn’t available and bodyweight exercise.
* How physical race car driving actually is and training for racing demands.
* Leg, core, and neck strength are very important for racing. Squats, deadlifts, etc.
* Cardiovascular is also important to limit weight gain.
* There is always more to learn as a coach.
* Alex is interested in a lot of different modalities and always learning new things.
* He is also interested in recovery and energy storage.
* The importance of thoracic ability and opening up the chest and shoulders
* Alex’s favorite shoulder stretch exercise.
Links and resources:
* Alex Stott Website
* Alex on Twitter @Stottie01
* Travel Fit: Volume One
Episodes of This Show
Jun 21 2017
Jun 15 2017
Mar 29 2017
Mar 22 2017