Permission to Speak - Leadership & Management Podcast
About This Show
The interviews in this video blog loiter roughly at the intersection of ideas about…
Leaders wanting their people to be honest and speak up about how to innovate, improve their organization and better serve their customers...
Technology that naturally facilitates connections and communications between individuals and groups...
Results that serve the higher purpose of an organization while taking into account the way humans work, learn, react and grow.
While loitering and talking about ideas, we also want to have a little fun, share practical advice, and keep it lively so as not bore anyone, especially ourselves!
This podcast is ideal for managers and leaders who want to improve their skills and get better results for their organizational and personal success!
Most Recent Episode
Episode #45 - Corey Kupfer - Part 1 - Corey talks about building authentic relationships
Permission to Speak Podcast. Hosted by Leadership Communications Expert Kelly Vandever. Episode #45 - Corey Kupfer. Permission to Speak is the video blog and podcast that loiters at the intersections of leaders who want their people to speak up, technology that facilitates connections, and results that serve an organization’s higher purpose. About Corey Kupfer:
Corey Kupfer is an expert strategist, dealmaker and business consultant with more than 30 years of professional negotiating experience as a successful entrepreneur, and attorney. The founder and president of Authentic Enterprises, and the Authentic Business Academy, Corey is dedicated to inspiring authenticity in business through speaking, training and consulting on topics such as authentic negotiating, authentic deal-making, building authentic business relationships, and authentic conversations about difference.
In his book, Authentic Negotiating: Clarity, Detachment & Equilibrium – The Three Keys to True Negotiating Success & How to Achieve Them, Corey draws on decades of experience effectively negotiating business deals and disputes to reveal the real, internal work it takes to become a truly great negotiator. For more information on Corey, you can go to www.coreykupfer.com where you can find out more about his programs and services and where you can take a free 10 question assessment that will let you know whether you are an authentic negotiator and how you might improve.
- Being authentic during business negotiations
- Difference between total transparency versus authenticity
- You have to do the internal work to understand what’s important to you and why so that you can come to relationships and negotiations with authenticity
- If you don’t do the internal work, it’s hard to show up authentically and to get what you want
- 5 tenants of building authentic relationships
- Tenant #1: Give first, without expectations of getting a return
- Give first isn’t a tactic, it’s a way of being
- People sense when you’re not being authentic
- Instead of masking your body language, show up authentically! Then you don’t have to worry the signals you’re sending out
- Identify your vision and purpose
- Play a game bigger than yourself, rather than being just self-focused
- Get away, take a step back so you can do your vision work
- Corey recommends the 5-3-1 approach to creating a vision. What does your life look like 5 years out? Create the vision