About This Show
The “Junto”is a club Benjamin Franklin founded way back when America was Great. The purpose of the Junto was to debate questions of morals, politics, and natural philosophy. Our show’s not quite that stuffy, but here and there we stumble upon something profound between the geeky jokes. The Junto Show is three friends, one black, one white, and one asian who get together and discuss the news of the day, leadership, pop culture, and whatever else comes to mind.We bring our unique perspectives to the table and hash it all out.
Most Recent Episode
EP35: Jean Splice
In today’s show:
Hot Take News (00:04:30):
- Schools are spending millions on surveillance technology under the auspices of “keeping kids safe”
- China’s “Social Credit” system is being used to block people from traveling
- Turns out that the Astronaut twins DNA is still very similar
- Ikea is toying with putting insects in its cafeteria food
- You soon won’t be able to believe what you see. Artificial Intelligence “fakes”are coming.
- A Chinese Spacelab is going to de-orbit and hit Earth and nobody knows when or where.
Captain’s Ready Room:
- In today’s Captain’s Ready Room, Johnny asks us to contemplate Ben Franklin’s Questions “What good will I do today?” and “Whatgood did I do today”
Pop Culture (00:16:00)
- Lance is Loving Jessica Jones Season 2
- Is Jessica Super Strong all the time, and then tones it down to text, or is she regular strength all the time and then turns it up to punch the Hulk
- Johnny makes his case for Tomb Raider being the best video game of all time (no I didn't)
- Johnny really enjoyed Murder on the Orient Express
- Beau is on Book 2 of the “Broken Earth Series: The Obelisk Gate”
- The early reviews for DeadPool 2 are out...
Support Junto Show by donating to the tip jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/junto-show