About This Show
Bart Campolo is a secular speaker, writer and community organizer who currently serves as the Humanist Chaplain at the University of Southern California. This podcast is a wide-ranging conversation with Bart and his guests, aimed at getting a handle on how to truly flourish as we all live the only life we have.
Most Recent Episode
Humanize Me 220: Death Salon with Megan Rosenbloom
Megan begins by telling Bart about Death Salon, a knowledge and art project she directs and curates in an attempt to open up conversations and engagement with the subject of death. What is death denial? How has death been sanitized and hidden in popular culture? What do Megan and Bart both see as a good secular response to death?
Also in this conversation:
* The ‘professionalization’ of death, and how the culture has changed the way we see the process that happens after we die
* The typical ‘look’ and style of people in the ‘death positivity’ movement
* How this shared interest is not only about death but about life, and how Death Salon has become a life-affirming community
* Why men and women may think differently about death and how body image may affect it
* Making the most out of life
Megan’s website is meganrosenbloom.com. Contact Bart HERE.
Photo of Megan by Polly Antonia Photography.