About This Show
Welcome to the Jesus 120 Podcast. We'll be looking at 120 different stories from the life of Jesus. In each episode we will take 1 of those stories & talk for about 20 minutes or less. Welcome to the conversation!Read more »
Most Recent Episode
Linchpin Part 5: "Character Matters"
6 days ago
Trials and troubles come into our lives for different reasons, and it is tempting to blame God or turn from Him during those difficulties, but God wants to use those times to deepen our relationship with Him. Jesus was tempted by all the same types of things that still tempt us, but the foundation of scripture and his relationship with his father carried him through, as it still can for us.
Key verses: Matthew 4:1-10, Deuteronomy 8:2-5; 6:16-19, 1 John 4:18, John 8:31-32, Exodus 32:19-20, 2 Timothy 1:7
1. Why was it important that Jesus be tempted? Why do you think he fasted?
2. What are some ways that God is trying to shape your character that you are resistant to (or have been in the past)? What are some practical things you can do to embrace the change that God wants to make in your life?
3. Satan chose to tempt Jesus first with food; why do you think he did that? How does that translate into our lives? (easy temptations?) What are some places that you have in your life that could be easy ways for the devil to tempt you?
4. Let’s expand the food analogy a little more…What are some of the wrong spiritual foods or “eating habits” that you/people take in that can harm them? What are some ways to correct those bad habits?
5. What do you see as the difference between reputation and character? Why is it dangerous to be consumed by our reputation? Can you think of someone in your life (no names) who is consumed by reputation or someone who has good character, what are some obvious differences?
6. In Exodus 32:19-20, Moses helps the Israelites learn from their mistakes by having the people physically consume the idol they created. How does this story translate into our day to day life? How can you experience growth by destroying an idol in your own life?Read more »