About This Show
Welcome to the Jesus 120 Podcast. We'll be looking at 120 different stories from the life of Jesus. In each episode we will take 1 of those stories & talk for about 20 minutes or less. Welcome to the conversation!
Most Recent Episode
Just Give Part 3: “The Tithe”
4 days ago
Week three of “Just Give” is about "the tithe." Tithing is discussed throughout scripture, and consistantly we are shown that God is not interested in our money, but in our hearts. Giving is not about God’s need for our money, but about our need for God to be allowed into every aspect of our lives.
Have the sermon notes available for reference and discuss these questions:
1. In Genesis 4:2-7 Cain and Abel’s offerings are discussed, what is the difference in their gifts? Why does God accept Abel’s gift and not Cain’s? How does that translate to your life and how you give?
2. Deut. 26:14a says “ I have not eaten of the tithe while I was mourning, or removed any of it while I was unclean, or offered any of it to the dead.” Why is it easy to neglect our tithe when times are tough? Why should it be the time we are especially earnest in giving?
3. Both David and Moses described giving as a joyful act. Do you feel joy when you give? Why or why not? What practical steps could you take to change your heart if it isn’t joyful?
4. What are some of the blessings you have received when you have given? Have you spent time with a truly generous person? Does it seem that they regret their generosity? What are they gaining when they give? Have you ever been generous? Did you experience regret for the loss of your property? If not, what did you experience?
5. Do you agree with the statement: How we respond to God with our money is a clear picture of where our hearts are? Why or why not?
6. Why do you think that tithing is important to God? Is it still relevant for Christians today?
7. Jesus is the ultimate Tithe that God gave for us; does that statement make you think differently about your attitude on giving? Why or why not?