The Assembly Call: IU Basketball Podcast and Postgame Show
About This Show
The Assembly Call, founded in 2011, is the original Indiana basketball postgame show and one of the longest-running IU basketball podcasts. Hosted by IU alums Jerod Morris (who is also the host of Inside the Hall's Podcast on the Brink), Andy Bottoms, and Ryan Phillips, this feed includes replays of our postgame show, which goes live on our website immediately after every IU game, as well as replays of our weekly radio show, which is broadcast in several markets throughout Indiana. We also do a simulcast of our radio show recording every Thursday night at our website.Read more »
Most Recent Episode
 The First of Many For Romeo?
2 days ago
This week on Assembly Call Radio, Jerod, Ryan, and Andy cover a wide range of topics pulled from this week's headlines.
In Segment 1, Jerod analyzes the potential importance of (or reads WAY too much into) what we saw from Romeo Langford in Wednesday's practice video posted by the IU men's basketball Twitter account. Andy and Ryan then give their opening statements, and the guys close with a discussion of this year's Hoosier Hysteria -- and what to watch for as the date approaches.
In Segment 2 (14:31), it's time to talk recruiting.
DJ Carton made his announcement last week.
• What does it say about Chris Holtmann's early momentum at Ohio State?
• And what does it mean for IU's guard priorities in the Class of 2019?
Also, is it time to worry at all about Indiana's supposed "clear leader" status with Trayce Jackson-Davis? Probably not ... but some comments he made this week about North Carolina are worth considering.
In Segment 3 (30:37), we take a tour of Hoosiers in the NBA and update their status.
• What does the Kawhi trade mean for OG in Toronto?
• Is Dallas still a good fit for Yogi?
• Will Troy end up anywhere after being cut by the Knicks?
• How much better can Victor Oladipo get?
And in Segment 4 (44:35), we answer your questions. We had time for two this week:
• What two home games would we most want to see on this year's schedule?
• Hypothetically, if Romeo stayed four years, could he break Calbert Cheaney's scoring record? (You'll be SHOCKED at how Jerod and Andy answer this one ... )
All on this week's edition of Assembly Call Radio.Read more »