The Isaac Morehouse Podcast: A Weekly Exploration of Education, Entrepreneurship, Big Ideas, and Freedom. Guests from Startups, Business, Music, Art, Economics, Education, and a Wide Range of Professions on How to Live Free.
About This Show
Podcast by Isaac Morehouse: Education Entrepreneur, Author, CEO of Praxis. Guests like Penelope Trunk, Bryan Caplan, Thaddeus Russell, Michael Malice, Jeffrey Tucker, Blake Boles, Jerry Brito, TK Coleman, and more!
Most Recent Episode
128 - Robert Murphy on Austrian Business Cycle Theory
Robert Murphy is a professor of economics at the Free Market Institute at Texas Tech University, co-host of Contra-Krugman with Tom Woods, and author of many great books on economics including The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism.
This is a wide-ranging conversation that goes from what sparked Bob’s intellectual in free-market economics, to starting the Contra-Krugman Podcast, to a deep dive into Economics and specifically Austrian Business Cycle Theory.
In This Episode:
- What sparked Bob’s interests in free market economics?
- Writing The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism.
- The back story behind the Contra-Krugman podcast.
- Overviewing the different schools of economics.
- Austrian Business Cycle Theory
- Would a perfectly free economy be stable?
- Why do waves of bankruptcies all line up together?
- The difference between what the Austrian School says and the Efficient Market Hypothesis
- Is it harder for the Fed to manipulate the economy now?
- From an Austrian perspective, what is concerning with the economy today?
- Staying positive when you know that there will be large negative consequences to monetary policy.
Full show notes with links at isaacmorehouse.com/podcast
If you are a fan of the show, make sure to leave a review on iTunes.
All episodes of the Isaac Morehouse Podcast are available on SoundCloud, iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher.