The Isaac Morehouse Podcast: A Weekly Exploration of Education, Entrepreneurship, Big Ideas, and Freedom. Guests from Startups, Business, Music, Art, Economics, Education, and a Wide Range of Professions on How to Live Free.
About This Show
Podcast by Isaac Morehouse: Education Entrepreneur, Author, CEO of Praxis. Guests like Penelope Trunk, Bryan Caplan, Thaddeus Russell, Michael Malice, Jeffrey Tucker, Blake Boles, Jerry Brito, TK Coleman, and more!
Most Recent Episode
139 - Bryan Caplan Interview Follow Up
If you haven't listened to the full interview yet, check it out first.
After interviewing Bryan Caplan about his book, The Case Against Education, I had so many thoughts rolling around that I wanted to record a separate follow up episode.
In this episode, I cover where I think Bryan is right and where I don't think he goes far enough.
- Economic thinking and rational choice theory to explain the choice to go to college.
- The role of parents in their kid's choices to go to college.
- Do you need to be a super genius to succeed without college?
- People choose college out of fear for bucking the dominant belief system.
- Getting cheap easy praise from college and how that creates entitlement.
- College grads are free to blame the economy when they are unemployed.
- College degrees as a social signal, not an economic signal.
Full show notes for every episode are available at isaacmorehouse.com