The Intellectual Agrarian | Philosophy From The Farm | Organic Farming and Sustainable Agriculture
About This Show
Bringing the world a little philosophy from the farm, The Intellectual Agrarian Podcast features interviews with various farmers and agrarians, offering their perspectives on life and the world.
Most Recent Episode
20 - A Holistic Vet's Prescription | Richard Holliday DMV
1 day ago
Dr. Richard “Doc” Holliday has been a member of the sustainable and Organic community for over 40 years as a holistic vet and is the author of A Holistic Vet’s Prescription For a Healthy Herd. He studied under some of the early pioneers of the Organic movement, and is kind enough to share some of that knowledge with us today.
- Dr. Holliday started out reading the books of Louis Bromfield
- Studied soils under Dr. William A. Albrecht
- Worked with customers who didn’t believe in chemicals
- Better feed nutrition and lack of confinement contribute to healthy animals
- Conventional vets frequently treat symptoms, while a holistic approach looks for causes
- Good soil health leads to good animal health