Tools They Use
About This Show
A curation of interviews with successful professionals about what apps and tools they use on a daily basis to get things done. From Apple devices to Chrome extensions, these professionals share what tools and applications are behind their day to day success.
From digital to analogue experiences, all have been modified to their own workflow to help them get things done across their workday.Read more »
Most Recent Episode
Inventor of the Hashtag, Chris Messina chats about his Productivity Toolkit
4 days ago
This week’s episode is brought to you by Chris Messina, a designer and product hunter.
Chris is a visionary who invented the hashtag and worked for the likes of Google and Uber. He's been a proud participant in the open source/open web communities and co-founded Molly and the BarCamp.
What does your day-to-day job and work look like?
- Chris wakes up naturally, makes breakfast and sets his daily goals, then he starts his work day checking the email.
- Paste (https://pasteapp.me/) (Mac) Clipboard manager
- DayOne (http://dayoneapp.com/) (iOS/Android/Mac) Journal
- Fantastical (https://flexibits.com/fantastical) (iOS/Mac) Calendar
Do you take notes across your day? If so, what tool do you use?
- Bear (http://www.bear-writer.com/) (iOS/Mac)
What hardware do you use every day? (phone, laptop, pc)
- 13-inch MacBook Pro (https://amzn.to/2nsQ97X)
- iPhone 7 Plus (https://amzn.to/2w0mMOj)
What are your 3 favorite apps/tools for work? (Eg. marketing, designing)
- Things 3 (https://culturedcode.com/things/) (iOS/Mac)
- Telegram (https://telegram.org/) (iOS/Android/Mac/Windows)
- WhatsApp (https://www.whatsapp.com) (iOS/Android/Mac/Windows)
Do you use any team communication applications? (video or text)
- Slack (http://slack.com) (iOS/Android/Mac/Windows)
- Asana (http://asana.com) (iOS/Android)
- Sketch (https://www.sketchapp.com)
- Superhuman (https://superhuman.com/)
- Rocket (https://matthewpalmer.net/rocket/) (Mac)
- Prizmo Go (https://creaceed.com/prizmogo) (iOS)
Do you get moments to pause in your day, if so, what do you do?
- Chris gives himself breaks during the day doing something different like listening to podcasts and meditating.
- Headspace (https://www.headspace.com/) (iOS/Android)
- Pzizz (https://pzizz.com/) (iOS/Android)
Where can we find you and all of your wonderful things?
- Twitter - @ChrisMessina (https://twitter.com/chrismessina)
- Website - here (http://chrismessina.me/)
- Product Hunt - here (https://www.producthunt.com/@chrismessina)
Disclosure: These show notes contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I will earn a small commission at no extra charge to you. If you choose to use them, thank you for supporting the podcast! All opinions expressed are my own. Special Guest: Chris Messina.Read more »