About This Show
Johnny Nguyen (@theventureout) is an artist, adventurer, and student of leadership; having been in government leadership positions for almost 10 years. Jeremy Parsons is a father, project manager, and also student of leadership; having been to D.C. and now leading complex projects. In this show, we give you a short dose on new leadership and productivity through their stories and humor.
Most Recent Episode
EP05 - Breaking Bad… and Bread
2 days ago
“Breaking Bad… and Bread” with Bare Leadership
Leaders need to have strong relationships and a wide network of folks to rely on and serve for. In this episode, we discuss what it takes to be a master connector. We talk about what we do to create and stay on top of our relationships, stories about people who are masters at this, and even how introverts can propel themselves.
Feel free to reach out to us at @theVentureOut on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Thanks for listening!
- Introduction about Keith Ferrazzi (@keithferrazzi)
- 3:00 - Helen Hsing, (Former) GAO Strategic Director
- 3:50 - How people in D.C. connect
- 4:30 - Tips on how to get started
- Grab folks impromptu to go to lunch
- Ask about their personal lives, and how work is going
- 7:00 - How to be strategic in who to connect with
- Ask questions about them
- Follow-up is key
- 8:30 - How Johnny starts creating relationships
- Structured approach
- Technology could help
- 10:00 - How Jeremy starts creating relationships
- Informal mentors
- 11:00 - Should we separate our professional and personal relationships?
- 12:30 - Deep dive during stressful projects to form a stronger team
- 13:30 - How introverts can motivate themselves
- 15:00 - Have an attitude of servitude
- 16:00 - It’s like a First Date!
- 17:45 - Final take-aways
Support Bare Leadership by donating to the tip jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/bare-leadership