Experts On The Wire (SEO, Content Marketing, Social Media)
About This Show
Experts On The Wire is a weekly SEO & Digital Marketing podcast hosted by Dan Shure. This show is for the curious and passionate – those that want to discover new trends, tactics, tools, people and businesses doing remarkable work in the world of Digital Marketing.
Most Recent Episode
083: How To Win At In House, Large Scale SEO w/Kevin Indig of Atlassian
5 days ago
For some reason, it’s a struggle to find In-House SEOs to share their stories, lessons and SEO strategies.
Today’s show is the rare exception.
Kevin Indig runs technical SEO at Atlassian – a company responsible for tools like Trello, Jira, Confluence and more. Atlassian.com has a domain authority of 93. There are hundreds of thousands of URLs across several domains in the Atlassian family.
So … technical SEO is a really big deal.
Kevin went in-depth on topics such as:
* How they use log file analysis to boost rankings
* Their process for cleaning up low-quality content
* Tactics to improve the internal link structure
* How to promote SEO education internally within a large 2,000+ person company.
* How they measure and track SEO success in a company with NO sales team and where organic traffic is responsible for 50% of their product sales.
Kevin also answered lots of questions from listeners on Twitter
BuzzSumo – One of my favorite tools for coming up with content ideas, finding people who share content in an industry, and tons more (like alerts to keep an eye on your competitor’s links). Also, check out their new Question Analyzer Tool (formally Bloomberry – just launched within BuzzSumo!) Listen to the show for a special code to get 30% off BuzzSumo for 3 months.
Related Episodes You Might Like
Show Agenda & Timestamps
* SEMrush <– 15-day free trial link
* Search M