Experts On The Wire (SEO, Content Marketing, Social Media)
About This Show
Experts On The Wire is a weekly SEO & Digital Marketing podcast hosted by Dan Shure. This show is for the curious and passionate – those that want to discover new trends, tactics, tools, people and businesses doing remarkable work in the world of Digital Marketing.
Most Recent Episode
090: Improve Your Rankings by Understanding Intent w/AJ Kohn
I read AJ’s recent article “what I learned in 2017”. In it, he mentioned not being very excited about the SEO content being published these days. I wanted to find out why. I did, but we also ended up chatting about his unique view on recent Google updates (and why they were NOT ‘content quality’ updates), how to optimize for intent… and lots more including:
* Active intent vs passive intent and how to optimize for both
* Why Google’s move beyond traditional algorithms matters to SEOs
* A lot Google Document which classifies intent types?
* The linkspam renaissance
* Being behind on work as an SEO consultant
* Voice search, AMP, and giving Google what they want?
* And… AJ answers Twitter questions!
BuzzSumo – One of my favorite tools for coming up with content ideas, finding people who share content in an industry, and tons more (like alerts to keep an eye on your competitor’s links). Also, check out their new Question Analyzer Tool (formally Bloomberry – recently launched within BuzzSumo!) Listen to the show for a special code to get 30% off BuzzSumo for 3 months.
Related Episodes You Might Like
* AJ Kohn on Episode 002 of Experts
Show Agenda and Timestamps
* Show Introduction [0:21]
* AJ’s Introduction [1:06]
* AJ’s Article “What I Learned in 2017” [1:23]
* What does AJ feel is lacking in Industry content in 2018/2018 [1:34]
* How long has AJ been practicing SEO [4:22]
* In the beginning of AJ’s career what were the types of content that were valuable [4:44]
What is so important about Matt Cutts and Amit Singhal being replaced by John Giannandrea at Google? [7:05]
* Matt Cutts’ role at Google [8:01]
* Amit Singhal’s role at Google [9:26]
* John Giannandrea and machine learning at Google [10:05]
* Is the Google Web Spam team gone and what has replaced it? [11:15]
* Are Link and Spam dete
Episodes of This Show
Dec 28, 2017