Stitcher for Podcasts

Get the App Open App
Bummer! You're not a
Stitcher Premium subscriber yet.
Learn More
Start Free Trial
$4.99/Month after free trial
HELP

Show Info

Episode Info

Episode Info: In This Episode: For the past few weeks, my country Nigeria has been in the spotlight of World News, but unfortunately, it hasn’t been for great things. I do not condone or support any acts of fraud, kidnapping, or violence. However, I have noticed that even though 80% of Nigerian’s are good people who are doing great things around the world. The media has decided to concentrate on the 20% who have done shameful things. While we stand up against the evil acts of the 20%, we must not forget to also celebrate the good things that the other 80% are doing. Mentioned In This Episode: 1. World Economic Forum: https://www.weforum.org/events/world-economic-forum-on-africa-2019 2. Jim Ovia: https://jimovia.com/ 3. Zenith Bank: https://www.zenithbank.com/ 4. Africa Rise and Shine: https://jimovia.com/the-book/ 5. UNESCO: https://en.unesco.org/ 6. Nollywood: http://www.nollywoodweek.com/en/whats-nollywood/ 7. Price Water House Coopers: https://www.pwc.com/ 8. United Nations: https://www.un.org/en/ 9. Chimamanda Adichie: https://www.chimamanda.com/ 10. Half of a Yellow Sun: https://www.amazon.com/Half-Yellow-Chimamanda-Ngozi-Adichie/dp/1400095204 11. Purple Hibiscus: https://www.amazon.com/Purple-Hibiscus-Chimamanda-Ngozi-Adichie/dp/1616202416 12. That Thing Around Your Neck: https://www.amazon.com/Thing-Around-Your-Neck/dp/0307455912 13. Wole Soyinka: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wole_Soyinka 14. Ben Okri: https://benokri.co.uk/ 15. Chinua Achebe:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinua_Achebe 16. Davido: https://www.instagram.com/davidoofficial/ 17. Wizkid: https://www.instagram.com/wizkidayo/ 18. Buna Boy: https://www.instagram.com/burnaboygram/ 19. 2Face (2Baba): https://www.instagram.com/official2baba/ 20. D’Banj: https://www.instagram.com/iambangalee/ 21. Tiwa Savage: https://www.instagram.com/tiwasavage/ 22. Universal: https://www.universalmusic.com/ 23. Beyoncé: https://www.beyonce.com/ 24. Lion King: The Gift: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_King:_The_Gift 25. Fela Kuti: http://fela.net/ 26. Broadway: https://www.broadway.com/ Connect: Email: excusemyafrican@gmail.com Website: http://www.excusemyafrican.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/realexcusemyafrican/ Stella Damasus Website : https://www.stelladamasus.com --- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/excusemyafrican/support...
Read more »

Discover more stories like this.

Like Stitcher On Facebook

EMBED

Show Info

Episode Options

Listen Whenever

Similar Episodes

Related Episodes