Excuse My African
About This Show
"Life through the eyes of a misrepresented and misunderstood African Girl Abroad" - This is a weekly podcast hosted by Stella Damasus, an award winning Actress and Entrepreneur. Through this platform, she will share her experiences and challenges, as well as her thoughts on different topics; ranging from Politics to Religion, Sex, Business, Entertainment, Human Rights and everything about life as we know it.
Most Recent Episode
EP 30 - The African Narrative
3 days ago
In This Episode:
Since the release of Black Panther, there has been a massive increase in the love and appreciation of African Culture, African Fashion, African Music, and African Dance. As a matter of fact, more people have gotten their DNA tested to determine their Ancestry, and people now celebrate whatever percent of African they have in them!
We are very happy to see all the love people have for Africa, but we can’t help but wonder when the AFRICAN PEOPLE would receive as much love and acceptance as AFRICA.
Mentioned In This Episode:
1. Black Panther: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/
2. Dashiki: https://www.dashikipride.com
3. Wakanda: http://marvel.com/universe/Wakanda#axzz5DBadyKla
4. Amazon Queens of Dahomey: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahomey_Amazons
5. Mansa Kankan Musa: https://www.history.com/news/who-was-the-richest-man-in-history-mansa-musa
6. An African Girl Abroad: https://www.facebook.com/AnAfricanGirlAbroad/
7. Mon Afrik TV: https://www.monafriktv.com
8. YouTube: https://www.youtube.com
Stella Damasus Blog: http://www.stelladamasusblog.com
Stella Damasus Website : https://www.stelladamasus.com