Couple Money Podcast: Build Your Marriage and Wealth Together
About This Show
Elle Martinez and Couple Money Podcast tackles how to build up your marriage and net worth. Whether it’s comparing Dave Ramey’s debt snowball versus an avalanche, investing smarter, and automating savings à la Ramit Sethi, or using principles from Tim Ferriss and others to hack an efficient and effective financial system, this podcast is about helping the two of you to master your money together.
Most Recent Episode
Kids, Money, and a Crash Course on Budgets
3 days ago
Not sure how to get your kids to understand budgets without boring them? Learn how a trip to the zoo gave our six-year-old a (fun) crash course on money!
Kids and Money
What happens when you put your 6-year-old in charge of the money? We did a real life experiment to help our daughter learn about managing money
In this episode we get into:
* getting comfortable talking about money with your kid
* how to let your kid learn about money without giving a lecture
* working together to pass on money lessons
Hope you enjoy!
Want to hear more about teaching kids about your money, please check out my interview with Ron Lieber, author of the fantastic book The Opposite of Spoiled.
Helpful Resources on Kids and Money
If you’re trying to figure out a system that can work for your family, here are a few resources to check out:
* The Opposite of Spoiled
* 6 Tips for Building the Charitable Giving Muscle with Your Kids
* 5 Reasons I Don’t Buy Toys for My Kids
* 5 Ways to Teach Kids Money Principles
* Tips For Giving Kids an Allowance
* The Opposite of Spoiled: Teaching Kids about Money (and More)
* Boost Your Kid’s Money IQ with a Simple Spreadsheet
* 29 Tips for Teaching Your Kids to Stack Benjamins from Joe, Tai, Len, and Bill
Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money Course
Want to give your marriage and bank account a boost? Pick up Jumpstart Your Marriage and Money course.
Jumpstart focuses on
Rated 5 out of
Informative, thoughtful podcast
A very well done, and easy to listen to podcast on an underrated, yet important topic within personal finance. Money conversations with your significant other are essential, and it's important to be aware of ways to make it successful!
Date published: 2014-10-04