The Pursuit of Yoginess
About This Show
Welcome to The Pursuit of Yoginess, Habits & Hacks Guiding Your Post-YTT Success. I'm your host Rudie Jay and I am here to help navigate your pursuits as new yoga instructors! With the help of both emerging and established yoga-influences, we break down what it means to make it in the yoga industry, how to market yourself as a new instructor, how to build your brand, establish connections, and bring your unique visions to life. Tune in as we develop habits and hacks that will conquer your self-doubt, help you achieve success, and keep you motivated on and off your mat!Read more »
Most Recent Episode
EP 038 - Natalya Sebastian "Hone Your Craft & All is Coming"
6 days ago
Natalya has been a fully Certified STOTT Pilates Instructor since 2002 and is the first person in Canada to become a Lead Teacher Trainer for The Equinox Pilates Institute. After ending her dance career several years ago, she delved into Kinesiology, Yoga and Pilates completing over 700 hours of training with Sivanada and at Downward Dog in Toronto Ontario where she currently resides. Natalya is a pilates manager, lead teacher trainer at Equinox and a mom of two.
In this episode, we discuss:
• Natalya’s fitness journey
• Knowing when to walk away from what is harming your health
• The competitive world of dance & body image
• Why is pilate’s considered a ‘mom’s workout?’
• Some major benefits of Pilates
• How to structure pilates for groups & private clients
• Graduating new teachers
• The importance of mentorship
• Setting yourself up as a teacher
• Having integrity in your offerings
• Taking care of your student’s body
• Why you should ‘disappear’ when you teach
• The importance of continuing education
• Don’t try and be someone else
• Tips for new teachers
• It’s okay to say you don't know
• Less is more
• Natalya’s social media following
• How to protect your time and energy
• Building your energy back up
• Stick with it, and all is coming
• Natalya’s habits & hacks for success
Support the Show!
Connect with me!
Connect with Natalya!
instagram.com/pilatesbodyworkoutRead more »