The Pursuit of Yoginess
About This Show
Welcome to The Pursuit of Yoginess, Habits & Hacks Guiding Your Post-YTT Success. I'm your host Rudie Jay and I am here to help navigate your pursuits as new yoga instructors! With the help of both emerging and established yoga-influences, we break down what it means to make it in the yoga industry, how to market yourself as a new instructor, how to build your brand, establish connections, and bring your unique visions to life. Tune in as we develop habits and hacks that will conquer your self-doubt, help you achieve success, and keep you motivated on and off your mat!Read more »
Most Recent Episode
EP 043 - Dr. Dyment "Naturopathic Medicine"
6 days ago
Dr. Alanna Dyment grew up seeing a naturopathic doctor and never had much experience with medical doctors until she started to notice deficiencies as a young adult with short-term solutions for chronic, deep rooted problems. She was exposed to the shortcomings of the mainstream medical model and felt she had to be a part of the movement to improve healthcare in Ontario. She attended the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Arizona because of its wide scope of practice including drug prescription, delivering babies as well as performing minor surgery. Dr. Dyment is a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, she holds a Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience, as well as being certified in Advanced Classical Homeopathy Training, with The Canadian Academy of Homeopathy.
In this episode, we discuss:
• Dr. Dyment’s health journey
• How an ND differs from an MD
• Starting a new practice
• Dr. Dyment’s mantra for a successful practice
• How school is one big test
• Self-doubt and overcoming it
• Trusting yourself to make the right decisions
• Requirements of an ND
• Collaborating with other healthcare practitioners
• Identifying the root cause of dis-ease
• Resistance to standard medicine?
• Prescription drugs can be beneficial
• Common ailments
• Optimizing diet, exercise and sleep first
• Are some people more susceptible to dis-ease?
• How genetics impact our health
• Keeping healthy habits simple
• Why individualized care is so important
• Confusion surrounding yoga, exercise & pregnancy
• Tips for protecting yourself from the demands of the fitness industry
• You don’t have to have all of the answers
• Goal setting & vision mapping
• Dr.Dyment’s habits & hacks for success
Support the show!
Connect with me:
Connect with Dr. Dyment:
www.manotickhealth.comRead more »