EconomicsJunkie Podcast Feed
About This Show
Nima is an investor, entrepreneur, technology consultant, and early Bitcoin advocate who talks about economics and freedom. Born and raised in Berlin, Germany he moved to the US in 2003 for college and later co-founded and sold a software company in California where he still resides.
Most Recent Episode
Why The US Dollar WON'T Collapse - Rebuttal To Mike Maloney And Stefan Molyneux
A rebuttal to "Why the US Dollar Will Collapse" with Mike Maloney interviewed by Stefan Molyneux on Freedomain Radio. Mike and Stef cover various economic issues from a classical/Austrian viewpoint of economics which all draw the same conclusion: the US dollar is going to collapse SOON.
Watch their video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ZPh1OkL-s
Dylan Moore of the Volitional Science Network and Nima Mahjour of economicsjunkie.com provide evidence to rebut many of the points brought up in the video:
1. Why the Federal Reserve is NOT a private bank
2. Why the Fed DOES NOT "print money"
3. Why interest rates are not a useful metric for predicting economic stability
4. Why the Fed can only "push" interest rates UP, not down
5. The myth of fractional reserve banking
6. The myth of the barter theory of money
7. Why the Fed is not causing inflation
8. Why the evidence points to US dollar NOT CRASHING