How To Create VR
About This Show
Listen to weekly conversations with VR and AR professionals who work day in and day out creating VR and AR experiences. Learn all about the latest technologies, tools, techniques and tips for VR and AR creation. If you are a VR or AR professional and want to be a guest on the podcast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org!Read more »
Most Recent Episode
E22 | How To QA Your VR Game | Developers of TSA Frisky
3 days ago
In this episode, Marcelo chats with the developers of the VR game TSA Frisky about the challenges and workflow of QAing a VR experience.
- Tell us a bit about your background.
- Tell us about your responsibilities for the VR Game TSA Frisky.
- Is TSA Frisky your first deliverable?
- Why did you choose to work with Unreal?
- What’s the difference between QA and Beta testing?
- How is testing VR games different then testing “flat games”?
- How do you go back in forth with testing for VR (in and out of your HMD)?
- What is it like testing for VR all day? Do you get VR exhaustion?
- Do you have to test for the player’s height?
- How many HMDs do you test your games with?
- Are you targeting the standalones like the Oculus Go?
- How do you QA audio? Do you account for room noise?
- How do you track bugs?
- Did you beta test and how did you track feedback from users?
- Can you get screen shots inside of VR about a particular bug?
- What about VR screen recording? Can you do that for capturing bugs?
- Can you talk about different types of bugs in VR?
- How do you test for logical bugs?
- How do you test for various combinations of values during a game?
- How do you test the UI / UX experience?
- Is testing automation available for VR games?
- How do you test the performance of your game? Any tips you can offer?
- How do you QA for things that the player isn’t necessarily focused on?
- Do you use version control?
- Are you looking at multiplayer and what would the QA challenges be?
- Do you perform regression testing during updates to your game?
- How long does your QA period usually last?
- Describe what you would like VR to be like in the year 2025.
- https://howtocreatevr.com/meetupRead more »