About This Show
iCreateDaily is a video podcast for artists in every genre of creating, from musicians to writers, crafters to inventors, bloggers to entrepreneurs… If you are into creating anything, this is for you. iCreateDaily is about creating, committing, connecting and contributing. We started the iCreateDaily brand to encourage creatives to do the work that matters to you, and to support you in that through inspiration, education, resources, encouragement, and community. The world needs your creativity now more than ever, and today, there are more opportunities for creatives to bring your work into the world than ever before.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 29: Pharmacist Novelist, David Perry
David's second book in the Cyclops series releases in February, 2018... six years after The Cyclops Conspiracy. So David's story is not only about fiction writing, but about the perseverance to do the work you love, even if it take years.
We wanted to know more about how David's story plots develop in his medical mind, during a hard day's work.
In this interview we cover David Perry's:
- Genre of fiction and how he chose it.
- Where gets ideas and how do you think of the plot
- How long it takes to write his novels and how he stays committed over the time.
- Whether he starts the next book before he's finish the current one.
- What he does if an editor wants to take out a part that he loves.
- If it's hard is to cut stuff and how he does it (both emotionally and mechanically).
- How he deals with ego stuff, such as success and profit (or lack thereof).
David Perry has been a pharmacist for nearly thirty years. His first novel The Cyclops Conspiracy, reached best-seller status shortly after its release and was nominated for a Library of Virginia Literary Award.