Tenkara Cast - a podcast about tenkara fly-fishing
About This Show
The Tenkara Cast with Daniel Galhardo is a podcast on tenkara, the Japanese method of fly-fishing that uses only a rod, line and fly. The Tenkara Cast episodes are about sharing the stories, techniques and philosophy and other information that will inspire you to keep your fly-fishing simple and explore the outdoors. The recording of the Tenkara Cast is supported by Tenkara USA, the first company to introduce tenkara outside of Japan.
Sharing the tenkara story™.
Most Recent Episode
Short Cast: Releasing fish, best practices
Oct 26 17
As more people take up fly-fishing through tenkara it is important that we follow some best-practices when catching and releasing fish. In this Short Cast episode Daniel discusses some simple best-practices we need to keep in mind when releasing fish to ensure they live a healthy life after being released.
1) Bring fish in quickly
2) Minimize handling of fish (using barbless hooks and a net help tremendously)
3) Wet your hand before touching a fish
4) Keep it wet and in the water as much as possible (please do not place a fish on dry ground for photos)
5) Do not squeeze fish when handling it
6) Release a fish with it facing the current and letting it go under its own power when it is ready.
More information at: http://www.tenkarausa.com/myportfolio/releasing-fish-best-practices/