About This Show
Code Podcast is about ideas that shape the way we build software. It's like Planet Money for developers.
Each episode we interview people with different views on a single topic. We break down complex ideas to present why and how they are used to build modern software.
Most Recent Episode
7: $300M worth of bugs
Link to the website: https://codepodcast.com/posts/2018-03-12-episode-7-300m-worth-of-bugs/
Imagine – your company's code and data are exposed. How long will it take for malicious hackers to find vulnerabilities? To steal users' personal information?
For developers that build on Ethereum that situation is not a distant possibility, it's an everyday reality. All the code, the state and the calls to their programs are publicly accessible and live forever on the blockchain. Add to it the fact that their code will manipulate money. Getting rid of *all* the bugs and holes becomes crucial.
In this episode we'll talk about software that finds bugs in other software. Specifically ways of verifying Ethereum smart contracts.
The story begins in the summer of 2017 when someone is able to steal $30M worth of ether.
Episode was produced by [Andrey Salomatin](https://flpvsk.com).
## Support the podcast
If you get value from the podcast, please consider supporting us on https://codepodcast.com/patreon
Alternatively, you can also send us eth to this address: 0x730075d42c3BC0EA38c23A6D0D9611E9d78C5Af0
* [Santiago Palladino](https://twitter.com/smpalladino)
* [Matt Condon](https://twitter.com/mattgcondon)
* [Yoichi Hirai](https://twitter.com/pirapira)
* [Ethereum Development
* EVM-compatible languages
* Wiki: ["Abstract
* Symbolic execution
* Article ["Introducing Mythril: A framework for bug hunting on the Ethereum blockchain"](https://hackernoon.com/introducing-mythril-a-framework-for-bug-hunting-on-the-ethereum-blockchain-9dc5588f82f6)
* Wiki: ["Formal Verification"](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_verification)
* [The Hydra Project](https://thehydra.io/)
### Links: Santiago
* [OpenZeppelin website](https://openzeppelin.org/)
* [OpenZeppelin Slack](https://slack.openzeppelin.org/)
* Article ["The Parity Wallet Hack
Episodes of This Show
Apr 28, 2017
Mar 2, 2017
Feb 14, 2017