Coffee with Butterscotch: A Game Dev Comedy Podcast
About This Show
Coffee with Butterscotch is the hilarity-filled official podcast of award-winning video game studio Butterscotch Shenanigans. Tune in every week to learn how video games are made and sold, our take on building a small company from scratch, and how to be an unstoppable problem-solving machine. Whether you're a tech entrepreneur working on your own startup, a person who loves playing or making video games, or just a person interested in learning about the games industry, we've got you covered.
Butterscotch Shenanigans is an independent video game studio best known for its smash hit Crashlands. The podcast features founders Seth Coster (the games programmer), Adam Coster (the web programmer), Sam Coster (the artist), and other awesome people.
Got a question you want answered on the podcast? Ask at http://podcast.bscotch.net.
Most Recent Episode
[Ep146] Double Neutron Star
3 days ago
Buckle up, Shenanites! In this week’s episode, we talk about lubing up your ABS, how to frustrate squirrels, and why group projects are the worst. Are ballet dancers just traveling burrito magicians? When should you downgrade your baby to river rocks? This is gonna get zany.
Questions answered (abbreviated):
- Gerf99: Any tips to keep people excited and focused on creating rather than procrastinating?
- Farseer: Butt-erscotch, A-S-S brothers, Rump-us. Everything comes back to your backsides, so who has the best butt? Any hilarious butt related stories? Regarding above question, I have "arse" in my name, I'm qualified.
- cctechwiz: How do you go about setting expectations and getting (willing) support from those around you to devote so much of your time to working on what you love? Do you ever struggle with balancing family time and taking time to sharpen your skill sets?
- Angrymuffin: In episode 17 Seth, you went to Chipotle and got a tardis burrito. Have you seen this any other times? Have you gotten one yourself or even tested the limits of how much can fit in a tardis burrito? What is your favorite stuff to put in a burrito?
- Aviox: Are any of you owners of VR hardware? What is your opinion on the current tech and experience?
- BlondeViking91: Your bit on ethics in player-made content brought up my head of publishing's affirmation that 'time to penis' is a very real, measurable phenomenon with any shared player input, starting even with usernames. We make social mobile games and suffer for it!
- ohnoimdead: You never published the Crashlands editor for fear of toxic culture (and penises everywhere), however, you have now made a game that is half editor. How are you going to screen for penises (not just naughty language)?
To stay up to date with all of our buttery goodness subscribe to the podcast on Apple podcasts(apple.co/1LxNEnk). If you want to get more involved in the Butterscotch community, hop into our DISCORD server at discord.gg/bscotch and say hello! Submit questions at http://podcast.bscotch.net, disclose all of your secrets at email@example.com and send letters, gifts, and tasty treats to http://bit.ly/bscotchmailbox.
Rated 5 out of
A Darn Good Game Dev Show
If you build games and enjoy listening to a few respectable gents who run a game studio and just have a pretty darn good outlook on life. Then listen to this one. The audio quality is professional. The show comes out like clockwork once a week and is just long enough for a semi lengthy commute. The hosts have funny St. Louis accents and are well spoken. The content is entertaining. What else can I say? Check it out.
Date published: 2017-08-26