Coffee with Butterscotch: A Game Dev Comedy Podcast
About This Show
Coffee with Butterscotch is the hilarity-filled official podcast of award-winning video game studio Butterscotch Shenanigans. Tune in every week to learn how video games are made and sold, our take on building a small company from scratch, and how to be an unstoppable problem-solving machine. Whether you're a tech entrepreneur working on your own startup, a person who loves playing or making video games, or just a person interested in learning about the games industry, we've got you covered.
Butterscotch Shenanigans is an independent video game studio best known for its smash hit Crashlands. The podcast features founders Seth Coster (the games programmer), Adam Coster (the web programmer), Sam Coster (the artist), and other awesome people.
Got a question you want answered on the podcast? Ask at http://podcast.bscotch.net.
Most Recent Episode
6 days ago
Oh hai, Shenanites! This week we talk about costs, how to get the best ABS, and how to make the best of the graphics you have. Plus, some deep thoughts on DLC. You know what they say about assuming… (Don’t do it.)
Questions answered (abbreviated):
- Woland77: People have been saying that video games are too expensive to make, and much of the blame for this is pointed at hyper-realistic graphics. Do you think graphical fidelity is necessarily a bad thing in games?
- Mennalus: So I listened to Audible's version of Antifragile, and holy cow was that some tough jerky to digest. Any other books similar to that one to listen to?
- KingOz: I was thinking of starting my own podcast at my school. What do you think and how should I start?
- imcade: What event in any game has made the biggest impact?
- Senolir: Any input for solo game devs trying to learn EVERYTHING?
- MySecretWeapon: DLC. What are your thoughts?
To stay up to date with all of our buttery goodness subscribe to the podcast on Apple podcasts(apple.co/1LxNEnk). If you want to get more involved in the Butterscotch community, hop into our DISCORD server at discord.gg/bscotch and say hello! Submit questions at http://podcast.bscotch.net, disclose all of your secrets at firstname.lastname@example.org and send letters, gifts, and tasty treats to http://bit.ly/bscotchmailbox.
Rated 5 out of
A Darn Good Game Dev Show
If you build games and enjoy listening to a few respectable gents who run a game studio and just have a pretty darn good outlook on life. Then listen to this one. The audio quality is professional. The show comes out like clockwork once a week and is just long enough for a semi lengthy commute. The hosts have funny St. Louis accents and are well spoken. The content is entertaining. What else can I say? Check it out.
Date published: 2017-08-26