The Bellingham Podcast
About This Show
Pacific Northwest aficionados, AJ Barse and Chris Powell are your hosts each week talking about their views and interests in technology, travel, gear and watches. Recorded in Bellingham or on location (typically in their favorite local coffee establishments) in City of Subdued Excitement. Bellingham Washington. This show is also available on-air on Bellingham's KMRE 102.3FM.
Most Recent Episode
Ep. 65 "Analog Explorers"
< 1 day ago
This episode is dedicated to the #watchfam, as AJ and Chris go from technologists to analog explorers.
SIHH in Switzerland : Bonkers watches
The A.Langr & Sohne “Triple Split” first ever and only watch to do so. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/first-take-sihh-2018-a-lange-sohne-triple-split
Piaget (Concept) redefines “thin” and Apple got nothing on this 2mm movement. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/piaget-altiplano-ultimate-concept-watch-hands-on
HYT H20 Fluid thinking of time https://www.deployant.com/sihh-hyt-h2o/
Ressence (Concept)Type 2 Self Setting mechanical watch ECrown. https://ressencewatches.com/watches/type-2
* Chris - FitBit Force 2 + SKX combo?
* This intersection of analog and digital has been cancelled due to fundamental showstoppers. Minimalism prevails.
* AJ - “Bellingham Bay”+ “Kraken” project = The reference PNW001
* 16 months later- THE watch that AJ's been horologically toiling over. Three prototypes later; is this the machine that will keep time on all those moment and stories he chases? http://www.ajbarse.com/blogs/category/Watchmaker/
* S/o to @ea8 (https://www.instagram.com/ea8/) @buyingontime (https://www.instagram.com/buyingontime/) on instagram
* The goal was to make a swiss powered watch made here in the PNW Bellingham Wa as a gift for my new born son.
* First proto was on wrist- but had an untimely (pun intended) demise due to a broken bit. And too Tudor homagey
* Second proto used a 3d printed movement ring. Smaller NOS skindiver case- but just didn't have the appeal I was looking for. No screwdown crown, acrylic crystal, by directional bezel.
* Third time is the charm. Taking all that I learned from the first two attempt and taking the best of them.
* Swiss movement SW200-1
* 5atm test case (but give me a closer dial and lighter case)
* Screw-down crown
* Dome crystal
* Tudor “Snowflake” hands
* German printed dial with full graduated seconds and half seconds and dual texture dial face.
* USA based leather Jeffersonville, Indiana
* Screw in Panerai style buckle
* Seiko diver spring bars
* Toolwatch app- https://toolwatch.io/ handy for checking your watch's accuracy
* 8Past10; a micro social network for watch enthusiasts https://www.8past10.com/profile/5864175634b3061858e698be
Erika's Originals M
Episodes of This Show
7 days ago