The Bellingham Podcast
About This Show
Pacific Northwest aficionados, AJ Barse and Chris Powell are your hosts each week talking about their views and interests in technology, travel, gear and watches. Recorded in Bellingham or on location (typically in their favorite local coffee establishments) in City of Subdued Excitement. Bellingham Washington. This show is also available on-air on Bellingham's KMRE 102.3FM.
Most Recent Episode
Ep. 71 "Why Is [this] Still A Thing?"
3 days ago
AJ and Chris ask a rhetorical, yet impact question: **Why is this still a thing?** Plus, now that the cold weather and flu season is subsiding, where does one go to rejuvenate? We're talkin' self-care options around Whatcom County. And we'll throw in a couple hacks to brighten your weekend... All that and more....
Sorry for the late posting of this episode!
* * *
Topic - Why is this still a thing?
* The Bachelor
* A $1,000 phone...with a notch...that comes with only 5GB of cloud storage data
* Loud music in public meeting places
* Vehicles as they are now. Super high tech, nobody seems to understand how they work anymore, and we want autonomous driving yet we are afraid of autonomous driving. Oh yea, and they still run on gas- where is my hyperdrive car? Mr.Fusion Car?
* Electronic/Appliance/Automotive repair costs and/or the inability to have things serviced!
* Twitter (or Social Media as we know it in general)
* How to delete your Tweets? https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/8/16991396/how-to-delete-twitter-history-tweetdelete
Why isn't this MORE a thing?
* E-ink display technology
* The mentality of owning something for LONGER than 4 years.
* Documentary recommendation: Consumed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N48vzMnuo9I&feature=youtu.be)a look at anthropological/evolutional psychology
* Genuineness and transparency among your “friends”
* Signing bonuses and multi-million dollar contracts for teachers
Where do you go for self-care?
* Chappaz Massage (https://www.chappazmassage.com/) - Sycamore Square in Fairhaven
* Hana Teriyaki
* Northridge Trails
* Mount Baker Wilderness (The Mountain Doesn't Care)
* Magdanlena's Creapery http://www.magdalenascreperie.com/
* Motorcycle= GO
* Sea to Sky Highway
* Anywhere with water
iOS users. Settings>Control Center>Customize Controls>
* Add functionality like video record anything on your device with “Screen Recording” and “Do Not Disturb While Driving” and Apple TV Remote
The life-changing magic of WindowsKey + Left arrow, WindowsKey + Right arrow.
* * *
**AJ**: patreon.com/ajbarse (http://patreon.com/ajbarse) or follow on Instagram (http://instagram.com/ajbarse) @ajbarse AND an all new www.ajbarse.com (http://www.ajbarse.com/)
**Chris**: bit.ly/quietchris (http://bit.ly/quietchris) or follow on Twitter (https://twitter.com/mnmltek)/Instagr