The Bodybuilding.com Podcast
About This Show
We are Bodybuilding.com. We are your personal trainer, your nutritionist, your supplement expert, your lifting partner, your support group. We provide everything you need to burn fat, build muscle, and become your best self. Your transformation is our passion. We change lives.
Visit Bodybuilding.com at:
https://www.bodybuilding.com/podcast.Read more »
Most Recent Episode
Episode 45: Getting Uplifted through Lifting with Meg Squats
Join powerlifter, Bodybuilding.com Spokesmodel Search winner, and YouTube fitness stalwart Meg Squats in this wide-ranging conversation. She shares her strong, strong story (it involves even more squatting than you might imagine) and gives crucial tips for thriving on her new program, Uplifted. Plus, there's a lot of screaming and alarms going off toward the end of this episode, if you like that sort of thing.
- Her early videos: "Hey, here's the lift. That's all there is. That's all you get."
- Why she left the CrossFit gym on the first floor and moved up to the second floor and "bigger people."
- Her most crucial transformation: 12 weeks of squat-only training after a bikini show
- Her mixed feelings over her bodybuilding show experience
- Powerlifting vs. Bodybuilding: "They're different kinds of suck."
- Why doing a bikini show is a more advanced fitness challenge than most competitors realize
- Her decision to do the legendary Smolov squat program, and why she chose it
- After Smolov: high, frequency, "PR every day" training
- Bodybuilding competition vs. Powerlifting: "Ah, man, I gotta go up in front of these people. Can't I just lift in front of them? That'd be better."
- Why she feels it's important to be proud of her body and how it looks, even as a powerlifter
- Her no-filter, no-Photoshop approach to social media
- On social media posturing: "Perfection is insanely boring."
- "I'm back at the body weight where I so much hated my body. And it's a combination of understanding myself more, understanding that whatever weight gain I do experience is not the end of the world, and also adjusting my goals and understanding that my value does not end with how I look. My value is not based around my body–really, at least how my body looks."
- How to know if you're ready for powerlifting, and if it's a "beginner-friendly" sport
- What to expect from Uplifted, and why she wishes she had this program as a beginning strength athlete
- The importance of "bro stuff"
- The importance of RPE (rate of perceived exertion) and auto-regulated training
- Why you should definitely get some coaching and/or take videos of your big lifts
- How to deal with "squat hunger"
- Her secret intra-workout snack: 20g of whey and a rice crispy treat
- Why this probably isn't the right program for someone trying to "diet," whatever that means
- What to do if you get a week into Uplifted and nothing feels comfortable or right
- Why going too heavy is a way bigger problem than going too light
Be sure to follow us on social media for daily fitness updates!
Twitter | https://twitter.com/bodybuildingcom
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/Bodybuildingcom
Snapchat | https://www.snapchat.com/add/bodybuildingcom
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/bodybuildingcom/
Pinterest | https://www.pinterest.com/Bodybuildingcom/
YouTube | https://www.youtube.com/user/bodybuildingcomvideo
Google+ | https://plus.google.com/+bodybuildingcom
Spotify | http://spoti.fi/1NRebm0
Mobile Apps | http://bbcom.me/2d7tixc
Bodybuilding.com | http://www.bodybuilding.com/podcast
Also check out our latest articles in the Apple News and Google News mobile apps.Read more »
Rated 5 out of
Love this show!
Love this show! Can't wait until the next episode comes out!
Date published: 2017-02-22