The Ready for Love Podcast
About This Show
Hi there and welcome! I’m Ané Auret, Post-divorce and Breakup Dating Coach and I specialise in supporting women to confidently get back into the dating scene and get ready to open up to a new relationship so they can attract the right person for them and find love again – without investing time in the wrong people, settling or selling themselves short.
The Ready for Love Podcast is designed to bring you the best dating and relationship advice to help you overcome whatever obstacles might be holding you back from attracting and creating the love relationship you want.
I’ll be bringing you dating and relationship-focused conversations with thought-leaders and top dating and relationship experts who share their wisdom, experience, interesting perspectives, and hopefully thought-provoking ideas and inspiration for your unique journey.
I look forward to welcoming you to future episodes – and if you have any questions, ideas or suggestions for the podcast I would absolutely love to hear from you!
You can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach me on twitter @datingcoach
Most Recent Episode
045 Never Settle in Love - with Dr. Karin Anderson Abrell
3 days ago
When Karin called off her wedding at the age of 34 it was another 6 years and more heartbreak before she finally found her person - The One she knew she was waiting for all the time she refused to settle for mediocre connection and living a life that would’ve been a lie.
After 27 years on the dating scene and now happily married, Karin encourages us to ‘make it happen’ by creating the best version of ourselves and refusing to settle in love or life.
Dr. Karin Anderson Abrell is a psychologist, author, speaker, and musician. She holds a master's degree in clinical psychology and a doctorate in developmental psychology. She spent the early portion of her career as a psychotherapist for children in Chicago's child welfare system and then stepped into academia for ten years. Her areas of expertise include identity cultivation, authenticity, dating, single living, marriage, and adult family dynamics.
Her book, Single is the New Black: Don’t Wear White ’TiI it’s Right - inspires singles to remain true to themselves as they navigate their way through the dating jungle.
You’ll hear us talk about
- the watershed moment Karin knew she couldn’t go ahead with her first marriage
- the internal and external pressures that may cause us to settle
- how she stayed patient waiting for the love she knew she wanted
- how she knew she would be ‘settling’ if she went through with her first wedding
- how do you know whether you’re settling or just being ‘realistic’?
- why do we override our instinct, our gut feeling - even if we know in our soul a person or relationship isn’t right for us?
- the strength and courage it takes to live a single and independent life while still believing in the love you want
- what if you're already in a relationship and not sure whether you're 'settling' or not - and the concept of 'not settling in marriage'
- how to transition from relationship into successful marriage
And MUCH more!
At the end of the episode Karin also shares 4 Things to Ask Yourself to Be Sure You're Not Settling - super practical and straight forward questions to ask yourself.
I would really love to hear what you think and whether any of what we talked about resonates with you. Just comment below and let me know
Until next time