The Amiel Show
About This Show
The Amiel Show provides people who are hungry to grow as leaders and human beings with cutting-edge conversations about leadership. What’s the one skill or quality you can improve that will build your public identity as a competent and trusted leader? What does it take to manage your commitments to yourself and others so that you produce better results with less stress? How can brain science inform how you develop people and organizations? What becomes possible when you reframe organizational politics as the practice of understanding and aligning with others’ interests and concerns? How can you make your conversations and meetings more powerful and impactful? Join Amiel Handelsman, executive coach and author of Practice Greatness, as he explores these questions with thoughtful executives and pragmatic thought leaders. For all past episodes, visit www.amielhandelsman.com.
Most Recent Episode
Episode 76: Presence-Based Leadership With Doug Silsbee, Part 1 [The Amiel Show] - The Amiel Show
5 days ago
Doug Silsbee joins me this week to discuss his remarkable new book: Presence-Based Leadership: Complexity Practices for Clarity, Resilience, and Results That Matter.
The book, like Doug himself, is a grounding presence, a heart-felt invitation, and a wise synthesis. He meets you where you are—offering practical insights and clever experiments to try—and calls you to sink a bit deeper into the place from which your life-force arises.
I was honored to speak with Doug. Within the first few minutes of the interview, you will learn why.
This is the first of two interviews with Doug. The next will appear a week from today.
Please listen and share widely.
* 9:00 Art is creating what you don’t yet know
* 21:30 Today’s practicalities and why we are here both matter
* 29:00 It is audacious to be an offer in the world
* 31:00 What shapes our identity
* 36:00 In meetings, everyone lives in their own bell jar
* 39:00 Three levels of scale: context, identity, and soma
* 44:00 Three meta-competencies: sensing, being, and acting
Listen to the Podcast
Download l Listen in new window
Explore Additional Resources
* Presence-Based Leadership: Complexity Practices for Clarity, Resilience, and Results That Matter by Doug Silsbee
* Doug’s company, Presence-Based Coaching
New to Podcasts?
Get started here
Subscribe to the Show on iTunes (It’s Easy!)
* Sign into iTunes using your ID and password
* Search the iTunes store for “Amiel Show”
* If you get a screen without a Subscribe button (a screen that looks like this), click on the show logo in the lower left corner
* Click on the Subscribe button. It’s in the upper left corner of the screen.