Amazing Business Radio
About This Show
Amazing Business Radio features customer service expert and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken who interviews leading business professionals and other customer experience experts. Each guest shares tips and insights on how to succeed in business.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over the world and include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show covers a variety of topics related to customer service and customer experience and will provide answers that listeners need to know in order to take their success to the next level.
Amazing Business Radio airs every week on, itunes, Soundcloud, and other platforms and channels.
Most Recent Episode
James Dodkins on Putting the Employee First, the Customer Second
It is common belief that the customer’s needs should always come first, but what if employees’ needs were put first in order to ensure customer satisfaction?
James Dodkins shares his ideas on what a company looks like when the employees are made top priority, so that in return they can be best prepared to treat customers as their main focus.
Shep speaks with James Dodkins about his idea of what it looks like for companies to put employees first and customers second. James shares seven key components to creating a working culture that best allows for customer success, when the employees are taken care of first and foremost.
Download James’ book Foundations for Customer Centricity at no charge! (URL - http://www.jamesdodkins.com/books.html)
Seven components to creating a culture of outstanding customer experience:
1. Vision: Have a core understanding of who your customer is, what their needs are, and what a successful outcome would be.
2. Align: Align the vision around the delivery of those specific things.
3. Capability: Make sure the people within the company are skilled enough to make the vision come to life.
4. Workplace: Have the right environment for the right employees, to ensure the best work is being done.
5. Incentive: Make sure workers are getting paid for doing the right and important things, not just doing mundane tasks.
6. Resources: People within the company must have the budget to be able to make the right things happen for the customer.
7. Empowerment: Without this key component, the rest don’t work. Workers must feel confident that their decisions will be supported by leadership within the company.
James Dodkins helps companies create outstanding and unforgettable customer experiences. He travels the globe learning the secrets of the world’s best performing companies, and he uses that information to help organizations replicate that success. He specializes in customer experience and customer centricity.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, “New York Times” best-selling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.