About This Show
Every Saturday 13:00 CAT on www.africabusinessradio.com.
This show through a panel of experts and leader, discusses different issues affecting business growth and consequently hindering economic advancement of Africa.Read more »
Most Recent Episode
Africa's Investment Opportunities - Mychal Jefferson And Saki Zamxaka
< 1 day ago
Africa Business Radio — Transformation and innovation is the name of the game and that is what inspires me about South Africa and the African continent. We all want to ultimately see the radical economic transformation in our continent. Undoubtedly, though faced with a number of economic challenges, Africa is becoming more resilient and is proving profitable for investments.
If Africa is to achieve a sustainable economic transformation, it cannot be by business as usual. It has to be business unusual. To start off with, the infrastructure spending in Africa is estimated to be between $130 -160 billion per annum.
To speak to us about where African investment opportunities collide with capital is Mychal Jefferson, Chairman Hamershlag Sulzberger Borg, and Saki Zamxaka.
1. What are the common investment trends that we are seeing in Africa right now?
2. With recent reports estimating that six hundred million people are without access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa, significant and sustained investment is required across Africa’s entire energy generation and supply value chain.
3. According to the African Development Bank, Africa had 168GW total installed capacity in 2016 of which 33GW was installed renewable capacity. Installed renewable capacity is expected to triple by 2025. Around $65-90 billion per year will be needed to achieve universal access to electricity across the continent. Whilst the opportunities for investment are clear, investors are often cautious. How do we investors choose the right country, the right technology and the right projects to choose to invest in?
4. Much of Africa still relies on foreign aid, despite economic growth in parts of the continent significantly outpacing the global average. Is foreign investment an easy fix for Africa’s energy needs?
5. What economic disparities exist in the continent that exploit African business and hinder growth as it should?
6. What makes Africa ready to compete Africa Business RadioRead more »