Unstoppable Recording Machine Podcast
About This Show
Join acclaimed producers Joey Sturgis (Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men), Eyal Levi (Chelsea Grin, Monuments) and Joel Wanasek (Machine Head, Vinyl Theater) as they sit down each week with the best producers in the business to talk shop. You’ll get information, inspiration and most of all actionable insights from every episode.
Most Recent Episode
EP43 | Mixcritmonday
3 days ago
Welcome to #Mixcritmonday, the show where we critique YOUR mixes.
On this edition, we’ve got a pop punk song and an extreme metal track on the table. So, we’re throwing them in a blender and pouring a refreshing crit smoothie into your ears.
“It really should be in your fucking face, and the song explodes through your speakers, and is upbeat and energetic and, ‘Fuck yeah! I wanna eat pizza and make out with pop punk girls’ kind of thing.” - Eyal Levi
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Making sure you don’t suck all the power out of your mixes
- Not overloading a song with unnecessary panning
- Why you need to keep the genre in mind while recording and mixing
- Hooks! Why you need to work to find ones that connect with listeners
- Why you shouldn’t just cram your tracks with filler riffs
- No filler all killer
- Every moment in a song having its perfect place in the arrangement
- And much, much more
Thanks for listening! Leave us a comment or review!