Unstoppable Recording Machine Podcast
About This Show
Join acclaimed producers Joey Sturgis (Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men), Eyal Levi (Chelsea Grin, Monuments) and Joel Wanasek (Machine Head, Vinyl Theater) as they sit down each week with the best producers in the business to talk shop. You’ll get information, inspiration and most of all actionable insights from every episode.
Most Recent Episode
EP77 | Brian Hood
1 day ago
Producer/educator/entrepreneur Brian Hood gets real about marketing yourself as a producer and how to properly network.
You will gain an inside perspective on building a profitable studio and managing overhead expenses. In order to do both of those, you must always be learning and expanding your sphere of influence. Well honed people skills and an insatiable quest for knowledge are arguably just as important as your technical audio skills. "At the end of the day, the market is showing that the value is not in the gear or in the room, it's really just in the person being hired to mix or produce. Establishing your own value or your own brand is the future." - Eyal Levi
THIS WEEK YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- The remarkable role that social skills play in your career
- Positioning your business when setting a price point
- How the large studio market thinning out means more work for the ever growing project and home studio industry
- The importance of reading/listening for new information and acquiring new skills
- Surrounding yourself with a circle that inspires and motivates
- Why lowering your rates is a race to the bottom
- Recommended learning resources from Eyal, Joey, Joel, and Brian
- Networking skills for introverts
- Why your studio might be failing
Thanks for listening! Leave us a comment or review!