Unstoppable Recording Machine Podcast
About This Show
Join acclaimed producers Joey Sturgis (Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men), Eyal Levi (Chelsea Grin, Monuments) and Joel Wanasek (Machine Head, Vinyl Theater) as they sit down each week with the best producers in the business to talk shop. You’ll get information, inspiration and most of all actionable insights from every episode.
Most Recent Episode
EP83 | Logan Mader
1 day ago
Logan Mader joins us to discuss producing Gojira’s “The Way of All Flesh,” getting slamming and huge mixes, scoring movie soundtracks, and nailing clear but brutal guitar tones.
Working with bands like Gojira, Fear Factory, Soulfly, and Devildriver, Logan has demonstrated that he’s an absolute monster when it comes to production. We go back to the beginning and find out how he got there, and how he’s reinvented his career every step of the way. You’re in for some valuable insight into the technical side of those monstrous productions, as well as the mindsets needed for long term success in the music industry.
“You can’t just show up and say ‘I want to do this. Here I am. Pay me.’” - Logan Mader
THIS WEEK, YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Logan’s process for producing Gojira’s The Way of All Flesh
- The importance of the hustle
- Transitioning from musician to production
- The ins and outs of scoring films and video games
- Why it’s essential to treat people well and be able to build quality relationships in the industry
- Logan’s techniques and gear for getting great guitar tone
- And much, much more
Thanks for listening! Leave us a comment or review!