Executive Coaching for Business Owners by Tony Mayo
About This Show
Find more tools, videos, articles, and posters on management, fulfillment, leadership, and success at Tony Mayo’s blog: http://www.TonyMayo.com It is all free, provided in the spirit of generosity to support Tony’s commitment to workplaces of humanity and prosperity.
Most Recent Episode
Tony interviewed about his new novel
Oct 1 15
Tony Mayo is interviewed about his new novel, Crimes of Cunning
The new novel, "Crimes of Cunning: A comedy of personal and political transformation in the deteriorating American workplace," by Executive coach Tony Mayo is explored in this interview by Tony's client and friend Ron Dimon. Ron is an expert on the use of information by executives of large organizations.
* What changed in the 1980s that made so many of today's jobs inhumane
* How consulting to MCI inspired the story
* Influence of Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey
* Tools for Personal Transformation
* Choosing a stand or "Way of Being"
* The useful coaching concept of "game"
* How physical spaces engender specific behaviors
* How personal relationships can enrich business effectiveness
* Transform pain and disappointment into growth
* Finding time and focus to write a novel
* Pre-meeting meetings and after action reviews
* The "Slow / Fast" Method vs. typical business behavior
* Tony's next book: "The Conversation Contract"
Crimes of Cunning - A comedy of personal and political transformation in the deteriorating American workplace.
Fast-paced, funny, and smart. This novel puts you into the world of a young MBA striving to succeed at a famous high-tech company. Brash and confident yet comically inept, Tony clashes with colleagues, clients, and even his biggest supporters. He fires his most loyal employee, derails the career of his only friend, and nearly destroys his young marriage before transforming from chilly corporate collaborator to empathetic executive coach. Laugh and learn as his clients turn criminal, corporations collapse, and compassion triumphs.
A veteran executive coach draws on his years inside Arthur Andersen, Wall Street, and MCI to share a moving story that explains why your 401k shrank, your house is underwater, and your job stinks. The comedy and conflict illustrate management methods and personal practices that can improve your career and deepen your personal relationships.
http://tonymayo.com/crimes-of-cunning/ or http://tiny.cc/2cunning
Much more at: http://www.TonyMayo.com
Thanks to MusicOpen for providing public domain recordings of Beethoven.