About This Show
5to9 is a podcast for the side hustle generation. For those who make their bread in a 9 to 5 job, and fulfill their dream in a 5 to 9 hustle. For the moonlighting culture. For those who want more.
We sit down with inspiring people for a conversation on how they fulfill their passions with creative projects, and why they do what they do.
Created with love and care by John Matson and Tina Yip.
Most Recent Episode
04: Getting Unstuck // Lianne Sheffy (Founder of Future Public)
Dec 13 16
In this episode of 5to9, we talked to Lianne Sheffy, a freelance strategy director and founder of Future Public, a luxury leather goods company for the side hustle generation.
We talked about Lianne’s in-depth research on people who have side projects, how millennials view success differently than their parents, how to kill it at being an intrapreneur (meaning how to be entrepreneurial in your 9 to 5) and how to feel unstuck and disrupt yourself by changing up your routine.
What we talked about:
- Lianne's background
- What inspired Lianne to create Future Public
- How her side project was like business school
- Lianne's interest in fashion
- Lianne's in depth research on the side hustle generation
- How our generation needs side hustles to pursue parts of our identity
- The millennials view success differently than previous generations
- Her experience as one of the best inprepreneurs at MRY
- What side projects mean to her
- How Lianne changed her routine to get unstuck
- Why Lianne is obsessed with the color pink
More on Lianne and her side projects:
Other links mentioned:
Please subscribe and like us on Facebook!