About This Show
5to9 is a podcast for the side hustle generation. For those who make their bread in a 9 to 5 job, and fulfill their dream in a 5 to 9 hustle. For the moonlighting culture. For those who want more.
We sit down with inspiring people for a conversation on how they fulfill their passions with creative projects, and why they do what they do.
Created with love and care by John Matson and Tina Yip.
Most Recent Episode
06: Setting Constraints // Thomas Samph (Co-founder of Nextt)
3 days ago
In this episode of 5to9, we talk to Thomas Samph, the co-founder of Nextt, the world's first accelerator for ideas. They help people go from back of the napkin to minimum viable product in 8 weeks.
We discussed the how and why behind Nextt, the difference between hobbies, side projects, and small businesses, coming up with ideas by starting a problem journal, and how constraints make you more creative and productive.
- Tom's background
- His experience at Grovo and Everwise
- Why he is passionate about education
- How he started Nextt
- Nextt got over 100 applications in their first cohort
- How he uses experiments to make ideas come to life
- His favorite projects in Nextt
- One of Nextt's projects (Bloom Credit) got into 500 startups
- Advice for people who want to start side projects
- Get super clear on the problem that you want to solve
- Start a problem journal
- The difference between hobby, side project and a business
- How constraints can make you more productive and creative
- How to measure progress
- What Thomas is obsessed with right now