Life Unsettled with Thomas O'Grady
About This Show
Life Unsettled gives economic, business and personal advice toward breakthrough success via insights with motivation and inspirational stories in episodes. Discover how you can catapult your career, business or personal success. Be inspired to create multiple income streams and positive outlook for now and new perspectives on retirement. Thomas speaks from experience and knowledge as a PhD in Mathematical and Statistical Economics, built several companies. Discussions include marketing, customer acquisition, customer satisfaction, social media, outsourcing, automation, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, podcasting and what it takes to be a success.
Most Recent Episode
100 – Business Strategy Comprehensive View
4 days ago
Business strategy is often overlooked in small businesses. Too often a small business while a way to pick up some extra money or to gain financial freedom, neglects a comprehensive business strategy.
There are over 40 million people in the United States with side gigs. Now, these don’t even include people that have separated from there job and set up their own business. I wonder how many of those 40 million would be able to have a complete business if they looked a more closely at strategy. There are an additional 500,000 people per month starting new businesses.
This episode is meant to touch on the eight points that everyone, regardless of the size of their business, should be familiar.
The detail and motivation of each is contained in the audio of the episode. However, here is a brief overview of what they mean. Listen to the episode to understand why it’s important to anyone and any business. The eight categories are:
1. Product line - this not only includes what you’re selling now, but what you might want to sell in the future.
2. Targeting your market – while current trends and recommendations say concentrate on one person as you target your product or service, you may have to at least be aware of more segments.
3. Marketing - while much has changed because of technology today, much has also stayed the same.
4. Sales - there are diverse sales methods today because of online skills and techniques. However, each of these tend to attract different types of people and must be used differently.
5. Distribution – whether you have a product or service, distribution channels have expanded and your market potential depends on your distribution method and size of your channel.
6. Production - how is your product or service created? With today’s technology, however it is done, will probably be changed within the next couple of years
7. Labor - this is not only about the people you have, but how efficiently and how well skilled they are. It concerns the training. If you are one man shop with a limited time, then you need better time management, no matter how good you think you are.
8. Finance - probably the most important was saved for last. I’ve been told by my former accountant and read that 70% a business failures are caused by financial mismanagement. So, while it may be boring for some, this is a crucial area for
Rated 5 out of
I simply L-O-V-E “Life Unsettled”! Thomas is an amazing host and along with his incredible lineup of guests talks about various aspects that can really help you become the TRUE YOU. Hit SUBSCRIBE now!
Date published: 2015-01-23
Rated 5 out of
Very Inspirational and Practical !!!!!
It is very refreshing to hear that Efrat Avnor became a peak mental performance coach while walking her talk and not by simply repeating famous and known phrases!
Date published: 2014-09-06
Rated 5 out of
Great Show - Usable, Actionable Info and Advice
I've listened to 7 of the episodes and got some great ideas from each and every one! My business model is changing a bit because of what I learned.
Date published: 2014-10-04