The WordPress Chick Podcast
About This Show
Kim Doyal, “The WordPress Chick” shares her journey in the world of blogging, life and entrepreneurship on the internet. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride while Kim discusses her insights on crafting the business and life you want using her platform of choice, WordPress. Whether you’re new to WordPress or consider yourself a more advanced user, these blog building and online tips will make you more successful with your business. Kim is widely known for being “authentic” and connecting with her audience in a fun and informative way that will keep you coming back for each new episode. Kim is totally self-taught when it comes to WordPress and has been making her living online for the past 5 years. She is a published author, movie producer, artist, and has the best cartoon voice you’ll ever hear on a podcast! Her motto is.
Most Recent Episode
Snappa: Easy, Peasy Images for Marketing – Interview with Chris Gimmer WPCP: 115
< 1 day ago
O.K., I have a confession to make.
(Once a Catholic, always a Catholic, huh? )
I felt a little guilty when I started playing with Snappa. It’s an AMAZING tool but I’ve talked a lot about how much I love Canva and felt like I was ‘cheating’ on Canva with Snappa (I do this with the visual page builders I use too. I know… silly).
Here’s the thing though.
As soon as I started really digging into Snappa I became a convert. Quickly.
I still use Canva for creating great PDFs or documents, but when it comes to all my social sharing images (and posts), I use Snappa. Their resizing feature makes it ridiculously easy to create images for multiple platforms. Needless to say I was super excited to connect with Chris Gimmer from Snappa for a podcast interview.
Questions I asked Chris
* I always ask this because I think there’s a ton of value in hearing what you’ve been through before you started your current business. What were you doing before you launched Snappa.io?
* You have a co-founder, March Chouinard. How did you guys connect and decide to create Snappa?
* Is it still just the two of you?
* How did you guys go about getting this launched & marketed?
* What would you do different?
* Recommendations to someone who wants to launch a SaaS product?
* There are othe rgraphic tools on the market today… what did you want Snappa to do that was different than some of the other tools available?
* How has the tool evolved?
* What’s on the horizon for Snappa?
What You’re Going to Learn
* The latest features that have been added to Snappa (and which one is my favorite)
* What Snappa used to be (similar tool, different name… different UI)
* The free image site they created that works in conjunction with Snappa
* The web template company that Chris & his partner created and is still running today
* Who they’ve partnered with to promote Snappa
Where to Connect with Chris & Snappa
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Rated 5 out of
I'm somewhere between a complete newbie and a master web designer (much, much closer to the newbie end of that scale) and as I build my Wordpress site, I love having Kim's tips and tricks coming through my headphones!
Date published: 2015-09-23