The Too Busy To Eat Show
About This Show
The Too Busy To Eat Show is dedicated to improving the lives of busy people by guiding them toward optimal health and peak performance. The Too Busy To Eat founder and CEO, Greg Zuffelato, offers cutting edge health and wellness information to help you drastically improve your health and your life. For more information about Too Busy To Eat products go to www.toobusytoeat.com.
Most Recent Episode
14: Jimmy Moore on eating fat to lose fat
Jimmy Moore is an inspirational speaker and the author of the best-selling book, Livin’ La Vida Low Carb. Jimmy made an incredible transformation when switching to a low carb lifestyle and now he helps those who are searching to make healthy changes in their lives. He has multiple books available and a popular blog loaded with advice and encouragement.
- Jimmy and his entire family was obese growing up. By age 32 he weighed 410lbs and when his brother passed away at the age of 41 from heart attacks caused by obesity, Jimmy had a wake up call. Because it was the 80s and 90s, he cut out all the fat and stuck to low-fat choices. Jimmy felt horrible on the low-fat diet; always hungry, irritable, and uncomfortable.
- One Christmas, he got the Atkins book as a gift and was totally confused by it! Eating fat was against all of the other diets he had ever done. He tried it anyways and just after the first month, he lost 40lbs! At the end of the year, Jimmy had lost 180lbs! Atkins featured his story on their page and he quickly gained popularity.
- Jimmy wrote Livin’ La Vida Low Carb and continued to become more and more popular. He eventually started a podcast. It is now the longest healthcare podcast show on air.
- Instead of using his degrees in political science and public policy, Jimmy’s english degree has helped his writing skills. In fact, he wrote, reread, and rewrote Keto Clarity over 200 times before he was satisfied! Three more books are coming out in 2017!
- Livin’ La Vida Low Carb: about Jimmy’s weight loss journey
- 21 Life Lessons: lessons he learned on his low carb journey
- Cholesterol Clarity: deeper look into cholesterol
- Keto Clarity, Ketogenic Cookbook, and Complete Guide to Fasting: deeper look into the ketogenic diet
Key principles to making a change…15:55
- We have been lied to! We are allowing other people to tell us what to do and following their orders. We must be the ones who ultimately say yes or no to issues regard our health. It is important to recognize everyone is different.
- Intermittent fasting is something Jimmy stayed away from because he always thought that fasting=starving! The first time he tried it, he hated it. But after hearing Dr. Jason Fung speak, he was fascinated and asked him to collaborate and write a book about fasting.
- A natural progression to start fasting would be to start by eating a nutrient dense diet. Maybe even start a