The Recovery Show » Finding serenity through 12 step recovery in Al-Anon – a podcast
About This Show
12-step recovery for those of us who love alcoholics or addicts. We share our experience, strength, and hope as we use the principles of the Al-Anon program in our lives. We talk openly and honestly about the problems and challenges as we face alcoholism and addiction in our friends and relatives. We share the tools and solutions we have found that let us live a life that is serene, happy, and free, even when the alcoholic or addict is still drinking or using.
Most Recent Episode
Expectations – Episode 186
6 days ago
Do you have unrealistic expectations of other people? Or, maybe, of yourself? How does this hurt?
* What are “expectations”?
* “Expectations are pre-meditated resentments” — how do you see this as true?
* How can expectations set you up for disappointment?
* How do your expectations of yourself hurt you?
* How do you deal with other people’s expectations of you?
* How do you
* let go of unrealisitic expectations?
* set realistic / reasonable expectations and boundaries?
* When has letting go of expectations improved an experience for you?
Eric referred to several other websites:
* Recovery Table blog: Expectations, Acceptance, and Serenity
* A forum discussion about boundaries and expectations.
* Change-Effect blog: expectation versus reality.
A correspondant mentioned the Hand in Hand Parenting support organization and how it had helped her.
Upcoming topics include a talk with Alateen sponsors, and the question “how am I trustworthy?” Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
The Rolling Stones: No Expectations
The Beatles: Let it Be
Jimi Hendrix: Castles Made of Sand
Rated 5 out of
Recharging Your Recovery
I love the shows stimulating topics with all the calming effects of saying The Serenity Prayer over and over. I'm so glad my friend told me about STITCHER.
Date published: 2013-12-09