The Recovery Show » Finding serenity through 12 step recovery in Al-Anon – a podcast
About This Show
12-step recovery for those of us who love alcoholics or addicts. We share our experience, strength, and hope as we use the principles of the Al-Anon program in our lives. We talk openly and honestly about the problems and challenges as we face alcoholism and addiction in our friends and relatives. We share the tools and solutions we have found that let us live a life that is serene, happy, and free, even when the alcoholic or addict is still drinking or using.
Most Recent Episode
Honesty – a workshop – Episode 175
5 days ago
What does it mean that this is a program of “rigorous honesty”? How have you been dishonest to others and to yourself? What have you learned about honesty in recovery?
This workshop on honesty was presented by Michele R (AA) and Kim G (Al-Anon) at the 2013 Journey to Serenity Festival (Saskatchewan Al-Anon Adult Children Festival), October 26, 2013.
In the workshop they posed these questions, from various sources, that help me explore my honesty, present and past.
* How did I fail to tell the truth as a child?
* What stories do I pass on without checking they are true?
* How do I compliment people when I feel they’ve done a good job?
* How can I tell the difference between the way things look to me and the way they really are?
* In my interactions with others do I tell the truth or do I say what I think they want to hear?
* What walls have I built to hide the person I am from others?
* How does honestly sharing the secrets of my past help me recover from the emotional damage I have endured?
* Where did I critique or put down someone else or try to hide it by saying I’m just trying to be “helpful” or giving “constructive criticism”?
* Did I try to hide a bad motive under a good motive?
* Do I spend a good amount of time on things that make the world a more loving place?
* Where am I spending energy on activities that are draining rather than life giving?
* Am I committed to participating in a community?
* Am I willing to receive as well as to give?
* Is my higher power’s opinion of me the one I value most in my life?
Upcoming topics include a personal story; faith and fear; and “who am I?” Please call us at 734-707-8795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or experience, strength and hope. Or just leave a comment right here.
Music from the show
Depeche Mode: Policy of Truth
Aretha Franklin: Truth and Honesty
Rated 5 out of
Recharging Your Recovery
I love the shows stimulating topics with all the calming effects of saying The Serenity Prayer over and over. I'm so glad my friend told me about STITCHER.
Date published: 2013-12-09