The Prosperity Show Podcast. Financial Health | Business Success | Peace of Mind
About This Show
Joan Sotkin, from ProsperityPlace.com and author of Build Your Money Muscles, presents a holistic approach to business success and financial health. Discover Joan’s innovative approach that developed over 25 years of helping people build a business, fix their finances, be their authentic selves, and find peace of mind. Joan is known for her intuitive insights and clear understanding of how a person’s internal environment affects their external results. The Prosperity Show provides you with both unique theories and practical suggestions for improving every aspect of your business and personal life.
Most Recent Episode
How Expectations Affect Your Life Outcomes -TPS238
3 days ago
Have you ever heard the expression, you get what you expect? In this episode I examine whether this is true or not and why it’s necessary to have realistic rather than fantasy expectations.
* Your subconscious is your autopilot.
* Your expectations have to be congruent with your habitual thoughts, beliefs, and emotions.
* You might do affirmations for $10K income/month, but if your habit is longing, you’ll perpetrate the longing habit.
* Longing can be so much a part of you that you don’t know it’s there.
* I talk about my history with publishing Build Your Money Muscles.
* If you go into business with a history of business failures, you may have a subconscious expectation of failure.
* If you have failure identity, it’s important to look at that.
* It’s not only your expectations that matter, it’s also what others expect of you.
* When you make positive changes, those who know you might push back.
* So many people who expect the best get it, but that isn’t true for everyone.
* When you’ve had a bankruptcy, it takes time and effort to get over the failure.
* If you are disappointed in your results more often than you are satisfied, there’s something going on that goes beyond expectations.
* It’s important to learn to recognize your thoughts, beliefs, and emotions.
* I look at the difference between fantasy expectations and realistic expectations.
* Along with what you expect, you also have to understand the marketplace.
* Don’t simplify the mindset piece.
* You did what you did based on what you know today.
* If you aren’t getting what you expect, there’s something deeper going on.
* You have to be able to realistically asses your ideas and the marketplace.
* Don’t just go to one person for advice.
My new course: Rewire Your Brain for Prosperity & Financial Freedom
The Search for Connection
Rated 5 out of
Way To Go Joan Sotkin!
Here is the comment I left:
Joan puts her finger on the pulse of those worrisome thoughts 99% of us experience. Her conviction rings true across the airwaves and she reaches us ... because we cannot help but listen to her wisdom. Joan tells it like it is, without any sugar-coating ... plus she gives us hope that in changing bad habits or our thoughts about money (into positive goals that when applied), we can better ourselves. I highly recommend listening to these podcasts from: 001 to 007. What you'll come away with is a better understanding of why you do the things you do when it comes to money. Attitude is everything.
Date published: 2013-11-14