The Prosperity Show Podcast. Financial Health | Business Success | Peace of Mind
About This Show
Joan Sotkin, from ProsperityPlace.com and author of Build Your Money Muscles, presents a holistic approach to business success and financial health. Discover Joan’s innovative approach that developed over 25 years of helping people build a business, fix their finances, be their authentic selves, and find peace of mind. Joan is known for her intuitive insights and clear understanding of how a person’s internal environment affects their external results. The Prosperity Show provides you with both unique theories and practical suggestions for improving every aspect of your business and personal life.
Most Recent Episode
Work with What You Have TPS205
Today I talk about making do with what you have and not always wanting more. My suggestions also will help you figure out who you are. Two weeks ago, I had a hand surgery and will be in a cast for a month, so I had to rethink a lot of things that I do and take for granted.
* My connective tissue disorder led me to re-evaluate what I could do with my life and how I could share information with other people.
* I had to learn to make do with things and work within my abilities.
* To prepare for my life after surgery I researched “living with one hand.” I learned a lot, and realized how lucky I am that this is only temporary.
* Ask yourself: “What have I got to work with?”
* It’s not about what you can’t do, it’s about what you CAN do. And how you can make the most of what you CAN do?
* I can be the best that I am within my limitations. This doesn’t mean not pushing myself to the limits, or not finding my limitations.
* I have to make the most of the talent that I have.
* Build your business within your capability.
* You have to be honest about what you have what you don’t have.
* Once you know your baseline strengths and limitations, you can decide where you want to be.
* What have you got that you aren’t acknowledging because you’re too busy being like somebody else?
* It’s not going to work if you’re trying to be like someone else.
* What excuses are you using about what you can’t do?
* There are often ways to compensate for the things that you cannot do.
* Don’t be ashamed of you who you are. Don’t blame who you are for not being able to do thing. Just find out what you can do.
* Your business will do well when it’s a real extension of you.
* Be real about your abilities, but don’t underestimate your abilities.
My Udemy course, Simple Meditation for Busy Entrepreneurs. Click here for a 50% discount
Financial Freedom Formula. Also a 50% discount
Rated 5 out of
Way To Go Joan Sotkin!
Here is the comment I left:
Joan puts her finger on the pulse of those worrisome thoughts 99% of us experience. Her conviction rings true across the airwaves and she reaches us ... because we cannot help but listen to her wisdom. Joan tells it like it is, without any sugar-coating ... plus she gives us hope that in changing bad habits or our thoughts about money (into positive goals that when applied), we can better ourselves. I highly recommend listening to these podcasts from: 001 to 007. What you'll come away with is a better understanding of why you do the things you do when it comes to money. Attitude is everything.
Date published: 2013-11-14