The Musafir Stories - India Travel Podcast
About This Show
The Musafir Stories is an audio podcast that documents Indian travel tales. Each episode we share the journey of travelers in their own words and relive their experience with our listeners. The sole aim of our podcast is to share the rich experiences of traveling in India and inspire listeners to take the leap of faith, grab those backpacks and set out to explore the beautiful and exotic country, India.
Most Recent Episode
TMS#010: Explore Tawang with Ankita Kumar
< 1 day ago
This week, The Musafir Stories speaks to Ankita Kumar from the blog MonkeyInc. Ankita Kumar is a travel monkey from India in love with bright colours, colourful tights, strange foods and spazzing out. She is a scriptwriter and filmmaker by profession. She loves travelling to rarely visited places, making local friends and being an absolute klutz.
Today's destination: Tawang - Ankita shares her stories about the road trip she made from Guwahati to Tawang with her family.
Nearest domestic airport: Salonibari Airport, Tezpur
Nearest International Airport: Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, Guwahati
Nearest Railway Station is Tezpur Railway Station
Prerequisities - Inner line permit, advisable to book cabs before hand - you might need to book separately for going around in Arunachal Pradesh
Packing - warm clothes, show shoes/boots, gloves, sunscreen (yup, for real!)
Time of the year - May, summer months advisable
Length of the itinerary: 1 week
- Fly in to Guwahati, hire a cab till Arunachal Pradesh
- Winding roads, Blankets of mist, momo & tea shops, fields of flowers while passing through Shillong, special mention to the Ladies purse flower!
- Lodging in Dirang for the night
- Tshachu Hotsprings and Jung/Nurarang waterfalls enroute to Tawang
- Bumla Pass at the Indo-China border, over 15000ft above sea level
- Prayer flags, prayer wheels, pagodas and markets of Tawang
- Visiting the Madhuri lake (Yup, named after Madhuri Dixit, the Indian movie star!)
- Tawang Monastery, Urgelling monastery
- Interacting with the monks, drinking butter tea and carrying the prayer wheel back home!
Link to Ankita's blog MonkeyInc: http://www.monkeyinc.in/
Inner line permit: http://www.mdoner.gov.in/content/inner-line-permit
More about the Guest:
Ankita Kumar is a travel monkey from India in love with bright colours, colourful tights, strange foods and spazzing out. She is a scriptwriter and filmmaker by profession. She loves travelling to rarely visited places, making local friends and being an absolute klutz.
She has ridden an ostrich, swum in the ocean with bioluminous planktons, giant manta rays and sharks, tasted porcupine meat, chilled with Komodo dragons, dived in a shipwreck and has narrowly escaped getting stung by a jellyfish. Follow this monkey for crazy adventure stories, tips and well… mostly to get amused.
#travel #India #IncredibleIndia #themusafirstories #Tawang #NorthEast #