The Mastering Show
About This Show
This is the show where we cover all aspects of mastering on a weekly basis. If you're interested in becoming a mastering engineer, in mastering in general or just want to learn how to get better results mastering your own music, this is the show you want to hear.
Most Recent Episode
Even More Questions Answered
You asked questions. We answered them. Or tried to, at least! Featuring another mind-mangling guest appearance by Ian Stewart - although he’s not the one to blame for any confusion :-)
* What are LUFS loudness units, and are there any guidelines for using them ?
* What is the K-System, and how does it relate to LUFS ?
* Should you always use low and high-cut filters while mastering ?
* What’s the best bit-depth to supply for mastering ? 24-bit or 32-bit float ?
* Can Ian’s Perception plugin be used while mixing ?
* How do you manage payments and file security when working for clients ?
* Phase-linear EQ in mastering - what, when, why and how
Full show notes: http://themasteringshow.com/episode-35