The Mastering Show
About This Show
This is the show where we cover all aspects of mastering on a weekly basis. If you're interested in becoming a mastering engineer, in mastering in general or just want to learn how to get better results mastering your own music, this is the show you want to hear.
Most Recent Episode
The Mastering Show #32 - Bob Ludwig
2 days ago
Bob Ludwig is a mastering superstar. This show starts out with the interview I did with him for this year’s Dynamic Range Day, after which Jon and I dig a little deeper into some of the topics we touched on:
* Why some of Bob’s clients ignore his advice (!)
* The #1 problem with many of the mixes being sent to him lately
* How he used to cut really hot masters for vinyl
Plus we branch out into a few other subjects, including:
* Bob's approach to client requests for loud masters
* What is Loudness FUD ?
* How to use a loudness meter in mixing