The Mastering Show
About This Show
This is the show where we cover all aspects of mastering on a weekly basis. If you're interested in becoming a mastering engineer, in mastering in general or just want to learn how to get better results mastering your own music, this is the show you want to hear.
Most Recent Episode
The Mastering Show #37 - Does Gear Matter?
5 days ago
Gear: does it matter ? And if so, how much ?
And if gear DOES matter, does it define your sound ? And how ? In this episode we’re joined by Mike Hillier to talk about the significance of gear in mastering.
* Is a wide selection of gear essential to success in mastering (and mixing) ?
* What are the “essential” pieces of gear we just couldn’t live without ?
* If two pieces of gear can be made to sound almost identical, does that mean there’s no worthwhile difference ?
* Is that even a question worth asking ?
* Do mastering engineers have a “sound” ? What defines it ?
* How does your gear shape your “sound” ?
Full show notes on the website