The Manaverse Podcast: Magic: the Gathering Business / Game Store Entrepreneurship / LGS Professionals
About This Show
The Manaverse Podcast is a podcast created for you, the gamer with aspirations of building your own local game store (LGS), the entrepreneur running an LGS who wants to grow their business, and the player who wants a behind the scenes look into the favourite hobby. If you’re looking for inspiration, new ideas, and interesting perspectives then Tom Traplin has you covered. Once a week, Tom talks with some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the game industry and pulls out the strategies, tactics, and systems that make their business so effective. Learn how to level up your LGS and build a better community with Tom Traplin and the Manaverse Podcast.
Most Recent Episode
MVP057: Breakout Games, Surprise Winners, Unexpected Stinkers, And The Lessons Of 2016 Round Table
In this episode of the Manaverse Podcast the hosts of the show look back on 2016 and do a postmortem report. It's always a good idea to look back on what went right and what went wrong. You can learn some very valuable lessons from your past if you have the data and the willingness to bring a critical eye.Today, we share what we learned over the course of the last year and what we are looking forward to in 2017.
Main questions asked:
* What were the products or games that performed better than you expected? What were the worst?
* What are your goals for 2017?
* The recent announcement that Roaring Skies is going reprinted. How is this going to impact Pokemon as a whole and is the trust broken?
* Games Workshops new leadership and the new direction the company is taking.
* The value of having more time to build up the hype for new products prior to release.
* Dealing with supply issues.
* How big an impact having an ambassador for a particular game will have on your sales.
* Why licensed games may make more sense to carry for an LGS
* The advantages of upgrading to a POS
If you liked this episode of the Manaverse Podcast, help out the show by leaving a five star review on iTunes! Reviews help new listeners discover the show and help us grow!