The Interview Show
About This Show
The Interview Show is a weekly radio show and podcast based out of Vancouver, Canada. Producer and host Scott Wood hangs out with a different music act in the tour van. The show covers all kinds of music--anything from electronic to hip hop to indie to punk to metal. It just has to be interesting.
When you listen to The Interview Show, you get to go backstage and find out more about your favorite music. Listen!
Most Recent Episode
The Interview Show with Whitney (radio edit) 2017-#11
When I met Chicago indie band Whitney (Max Kakacek and Julien Ehrlich) at Vancouver's Biltmore, they were in the middle of practicing a cool, weird, new handshake. Max and Julien met in their previous glam-rock band the Smith Westerns and quickly became close friends. When the Smith Westerns imploded, they started to work together on what would eventually become Whitney. The result ended up being the amazing debut record, Light Upon the Lake.
How did Max and Julien get over the Smith Westerns imploding? Which song was influenced by an acid trip? Which song was inspired by a drug dealing neighbor? What was it like when Max and Julien showed their ex-girlfriends the song they wrote about the breakup? Which album track do we compare to the demo version? What was the "secret" handshake all about? You'll have to listen to find out.
Tracks played on the podcast edition of the show…
1) Whitney, Light Upon the Lake (June 2016) “No Woman”
2) Smith Westerns, Smith Westerns (June 2009) "The Glam Goddess" (background)
3) Whitney, Light Upon the Lake (June 2016) “Dave’s Song”
4) Whitney, Light Upon the Lake (June 2016) “No Matter Where We Go”
5) Whitney “No Woman” (unreleased demo) (background)
6) Whitney, Light Upon the Lake (June 2016) “Polly” (background/partial)
7) Whitney, Light Upon the Lake (June 2016) “Golden Days”
8) Whitney, Light Upon the Lake (June 2016) “Polly”
NO songs CANCON