The Hunt Backcountry Podcast
About This Show
Backcountry hunters talking backcountry hunting. Join us for lively discussion on a variety of topics related to backcountry, big game hunting. We'll be talking tactics, sharing lessons learned, swapping stories, interviewing individuals from the hunting industry, and getting into the nitty-gritty of our gear lists and bow/rifle setups. Contact us at anytime with your questions or feedback by emailing us: podcast@exomountaingear. Thanks for listening! — Mark & Steve.
Most Recent Episode
074 | Beginner Basics Q&A, Part 3
There are no stupid questions. And, hopefully, there are no stupid answers in this Part 3 Q&A episode of the Hunt Backcountry podcast. Mark and Steve tackle a variety of listener questions, including...
- What is the best way to load a pack with weight for pre-season training hikes?
- What are some tips for finding and purchasing affordable gear for backcountry hunting?
- How do you secure gear, such as coolers, and prevent theft at your vehicle while you are in the backcountry on a long hunt?
- What are some tips for finding success when you can only go on short hunts that last 2-3 days?
- How can a young man from the midwest hunt the backcountry, and can he do it on his own?
- What should you do if you have hunted elk for several years but struggle each year to locate elk during your hunt?
- Should one avoid making fires in the backcountry for fear of spooking game with the smell of smoke?
- Do you ever worry that using a headlamp while hiking in the dark will spook game out of the area?
- What is the best way to prevent tick bites?
- What’s better, paper maps or a GPS?
Submit your question for future episodes and subscribe to the podcast by visiting http://ExoMountainGear.com/podcast. Thanks for listening!