The EdTech Hour
About This Show
The EdTech Hour is a UK based podcast with a global perspective that gives disruptive educators and passionate edtech evangelists a platform to share their story. We search out insights from some of the brightest people in the edtech world, going deep into their experiences in education and reflecting on how technology has impacted on their life journey.
Most Recent Episode
#011 - Lessons From The Frontline With John Cowell
This week is a slightly different format. Daley catches up with John Cowell for a freeform chat about the state of education technology today.
John is Head of Computing at an independent school in the North West of England. He’s also an Education Technology Consultant working in schools all over the UK to help them transform their approach to learning.
- Student independent learning – why making teachers uncomfortable is a good thing in the classroom
- How possible is it to blend student independent learning with ‘exam factories’?
- To what degree should tablets be pervasive in the classroom? What is the ideal blend with handwriting?
- How relevant is critical thinking at A Level?
- How aligned is high achievement and high levels of self-motivation?
- Sway and Office Mix – two of the coolest tools for teachers that barely any of them know about
- How disrupted has Further Education been and how disrupted will it be?
- 25 years after polytechnics got their royal charter: is a ‘degree a degree’ now?