The Disillusioned Dentist
About This Show
Hello and welcome to the Disillusioned Dentist: a millennial podcast where we aim to demystify the fallacy of the dream job of dentistry and show new dentists the path out of debt and into practice ownership.
Most Recent Episode
Episode - 7 Breakaway Dental
5 days ago
1. Please give us a brief history of your background and how you started and built breakaway?
2. How would you describe the state of the dental economy right now? Are the golden days of dentistry over or can you still crush it out there?
3. What are the biggest challenges that new grads and young dentists face?
4. Is corporate dentistry taking over?
5. Is dental school still worth the investment at $400-500k?
6. How quickly do you recommend someone buys or starts a practice?
7. How would you analyze and advise a doctor to determine whether purchasing an existing practice or doing a start-up is a better idea?
8. What are the most important factors to consider when choosing a location?
9. What are the biggest challenges doctors face in managing and running their own practice?
10. What are the some of the best ways a dentist can obtain a competitive advantage in a saturated market?
11. Does a dentist have to do specialized dentistry such as implants, ortho and wisdom teeth extractions to gain a competitive advantage or can they still crush it with bread and butter dentistry?
12. Is dentistry becoming a commodity?
13. What aspects of dentistry are constantly changing that dentists need to stay on top of to be successful?
14. Can you describe some of the different affiliations and services breakaway offers?
15. What does an average breakaway affiliate office produce and net?
16. A lot of young dentists dream about owning multiple practices? How many times are multiple locations more profitable for the dentist instead of growing their first office?
17. What does the future of dentistry look like?